Footy trivia

Guest jonnyameobi

Decided to have another blast couldn't spell Aubamayang full name for the life of me, my spellings are killing me😂

Edit - Just realised you only needed surnames ffs no wonder Ive been struggling so much with them I thought you had to put full names in :doh:

Just realised Exile1968 is also on the leaderboard :lol:

Edited by Pokerprince2004

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Good little game like. 

Does it get more difficult as the game goes on? 

Kind of, the first 10 are under level 1, second 10 players under level 2 and last 10 under level 3.

But currently levels 2 and 3 are too easy, I plan to make them harder over the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Decided to have another blast couldn't spell Aubamayang full name for the life of me, my spellings are killing me😂

Edit - Just realised you only needed surnames ffs no wonder Ive been struggling so much with them I thought you had to put full names in :doh:

Just realised Exile1968 is also on the leaderboard :lol:

I can add in the text box surnames allowed or something to highlight that 👍

4 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Had the spelling comment a few times now so will look in to providing a way to get around that (possibly the answer revealed like you suggested!).

Thanks for your feedback :)

I think just a bit of leeway might be the way to go. As long as they're close it should be fine. 

I noticed this especially when putting in nzogbia and assuming I wouldn't need the '

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2022 at 12:28, Alberto2005 said:

Hi guys,

Few months ago posted a link to a football quiz I built and took the feedback you gave.

The player database hasn't changed too much but I've added new features (A lot based on your feedback):

1. Progress bar so you know where you're at 

2. Reduced the time per player to make it more challenging

3. Only 30 players max to guess so it doesn't get too boring

4. Leaderboard for you to submit your score

Would appreciate if you guys could have a quick go and let me know your thoughts (What didn't you like? What would make you want to be play it more regularly?)

Thanks 🙂

footballerscv.com

Back again :lol:

Made a few more changes:

1. Changed the spelling from a box to type in and replaced with a block per letter (Should help with spelling issues)
2. Added a button to solve a player if you're stuck (You get 3 of these per go but get 0 points on that player if you use these)
3. If you lose the player you didn't get is revealed at the end

4. Added some harder players towards the end

5. You get points per correct score now and the faster you answer the more points you get

There are some small bugs I've noticed with the spelling blocks (deleting too many letters when on the last character is the main one) if you notice anymore please let me know.

Any other game/player bugs or general feedback please let me know.

Thanks again :)

footballerscv.com

Edited by Alberto2005

2 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Back again :lol:

Made a few more changes:

1. Changed the spelling from a box to type in and replaced with a block per letter (Should help with spelling issues)
2. Added a button to solve a player if you're stuck (You get 3 of these per go but get 0 points on that player if you use these)
3. If you lose the player you didn't get is revealed at the end

4. Added some harder players towards the end

5. You get points per correct score now and the faster you answer the more points you get

There are some small bugs I've noticed with the spelling blocks (deleting too many letters when on the last character is the main one) if you notice anymore please let me know.

Any other game/player bugs or general feedback please let me know.

Thanks again :)

footballerscv.com

It's so good, man. Slick as fuck now. 

The only thing I'd change is briefly revealing who you couldn't get when you hit 'score'. Unless it does and I missed it. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's so good, man. Slick as fuck now. 

The only thing I'd change is briefly revealing who you couldn't get when you hit 'score'. Unless it does and I missed it. 

Cheers mate.

I was thinking of adding that in, I'll get it done 👍

Thanks again.