Diego Forlan Anyone?

Lemmy

Guest Village Idiot

Found his league then maybe?

Wouldn't even say that. After a very impressive first season (25) goals he has been "found out" so to speak (also Villarreal are no longer underdogs so other teams guard more against them), he scored only around 10 goals last year IIRC.

Guest smoggeordie

A leauge which is is higher in skill, and in my opinion, quicker, than the premiership.

Higher in skill, yes. Quicker, no.

Guest TheOrder

A leauge which is is higher in skill, and in my opinion, quicker, than the premiership.

I'm not being funny like, but everytime i watch it, I always think, fucking hell, this is damn quick.

I don't know if it's because I had a vision of spanish football in the past as being a very slow building game, but i spend alot of time watching spanish football and thinking that it's actually quite high tempo, and I can't imagine teams such as Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, etc( even Liverpool), playing at this pace.

I don't think the Premierships all its cracked up to be, to be honest.

He was sort of like a luque when he was here with manchester united.

He has the heart, and with a little luck... i rekon he can notch up a few goals. But wont pay more than 5mil for him..

The Premiership is pretty rubbish overall, but then so are many leagues. They are all overhyped based on the best teams from that country. Sometimes Premiership games are fast and furious though to the point that no other league can match - still doesn't mean they are any good.

One thing that always strikes me is how much time and space players are given in continental leagues, it's ridiculous. Players can waltz into the final third without anyone near them. This is obviously why plenty of players just can't hack the Premier League.

I'm not being funny like, but everytime i watch it, I always think, ****ing hell, this is damn quick.

I don't know if it's because I had a vision of spanish football in the past as being a very slow building game, but i spend alot of time watching spanish football and thinking that it's actually quite high tempo, and I can't imagine teams such as Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, etc( even Liverpool), playing at this pace.

I don't think the Premierships all its cracked up to be, to be honest.

I also think the Spanish League is faster than the Premier League, but I think the Premier Leugue is  more physical and harder tackling than most leagues.

Guest Village Idiot

I have watched both and EPL is "quicker" in the meaning that you don't give as much space to players as us, so players have to decide and make a play almost as soon as they get the ball. However, I rate our passing tempo as higher than yours.

That's a very big generalisation, however. There are teams and teams.

Guest nobby peru

don't think Forlan is the type of striker we're looking for - probably not a regular goalscorer and not big or physical enough. i think he'd do well in a passing team like arsenal, but not with our brand of shite football.

• 4 years later...

Spani9sh league is slower than English league because it take longer for them to reach opposition area, generally more elaborate in their play but not necessarily slower as they move the ball around better which means players don't charge around so fast and directly as in Prem.

It is a better quality of football but it is littered with horrible unsporting play and seems a lot more stop start due to theatricals from players.

Anyway, back to Diego. This guy is a great striker, good movement and can dribble well. Don't think he'd hack it in the prem though as he is lightweight...

Too old for what we are currently trying to set up at the toon!

Good goalscorer and a top player but i wouldn't be signing him!

Hope he doesn't go to some Turkish club though. Enjoy watching him in La Liga.