On this day...

Tooj

On 06/07/2022 at 13:05, Wolfcastle said:

"bonjour monsieur Ginola...welcome to the Toon"

What a day, what a signing. Really nailed our colours to the mast. We will  fight to reach the very top. One day, didn’t turn out to be then, but one day we will have the most handsome team in the Premier League. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Paully said:

I'd just split up with my girlfriend of 7yrs, moved back in with my parents. Some mates had booked a holiday to Laganas so I took a week off work and got a flight only out there to meet up with them ("see you at 2ish on the beach, left hand side, find me somewhere to stay"). Listened to reports of this game on the beach on the World Service (no sky sports in every beach side bar then). Rang a mate that night for a quick match report and to tell him he'd need to replace me for football the next day.

5 hours ago, Paully said:

That was liberating for me.

We played 5-a-side indoors that morning/midday and remember superstitously feeling a bit guilty about it, like I shouldn't have been having fun before a game and instead focus and paying penance, also had a nagging feeling that I wasn't worried enough about it. (the lesson of Grimsby the year before perhaps). Arguably when it really kicked off for us. Promoted with West Ham, they had a decent season but we blasted away.