Where to watch in Edinburgh?

Guest GuyRobson

Guest GuyRobson

I've just started up at Edinburgh University, and looking for bit of advice.

Where do most (if there are any) people go to watch match in Edinburgh?

Im fine for Prem matches as they're on skysports in student bar, but it's matches like Carling Cup and the one tonight on Five. Could watch in my room, but lacks the same atmosphere! Any ideas?

Cheers.

Guest Invicta_Toon

2J up yer cunt

The Abbey on Newington Road has about 10 screens in, one projector was showing the Fener match last thursday match, bit shit picture wise - massive screen but lighting wrong I think

class place for the simultaneous watching of England and Scotland games a month ago

stayed in for all the other UEFAs so far, for the same reason as you

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Tel: 0131 524 0071

Get in very very early if you’re hoping to catch a big game on The Mitre’s screen – not only will all the locals be in but so will the tourists.  If you can manage to bag yourself a seat though you can’t go wrong with this friendly pub.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Get in very very early if you’re hoping to catch a big game on The Mitre’s screen – not only will all the locals be in but so will the tourists.  If you can manage to bag yourself a seat though you can’t go wrong with this friendly pub.

does it show the toon though? rangers are on tomorrow I think..

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Thought we were playing tonight though Vic.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Thought we were playing tonight though Vic.

I respectfully direct you to my previous reply

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Are you the landlord?

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Are you the landlord?

:lol: Straight out of the Great British Pub Guide that like.

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Are you the landlord?

yes

Guest Invicta_Toon

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Are you the landlord?

so no fucking help at all then?

Try

The Mitre

133 High Street

Edinburgh

EH1 1SG

Are you the landlord?

the scotsman newspaper i think you'll find :roll:

:lol:

If you bump into Invicta Toon, don't give him your mobile number.  He'll plague you with texts asking you to be his friend.

You could get a lift home in one of the best cars on campus though.

Ive watched a few games in the sports bar near Waverley Station.

uefa games?

Na sorry. It was the Charlton and Sheff Utd Saturday night games on my way back from watching Berwick Rangers. There are loads of screens though and ive no doubt they would put Newcastle on at least one for you. There will proberbly be a few folk wanting to watch it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

give them a ring 0131 524 0071

:lol: Call ahead you mean? "Hi, you don't know me but I'm on my way over now, cheers."

More like  "Hi, are you showing the Newcastle game tonight?"

it fucking works like, used to have a local down south, the only toon fan in there, they *knew* I always watched the match, but because one night I wasn't there an hour before k.o. and 5 cunts had phoned ahead and asked for the liverpool game to be put on

cunts