Jump to content

Newcastle


Guest Tall Striker

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

 

Haven't HMRC been a bit shite about WFH throughout all of this? I remember when it first kicked off the few people I know there were still expected in the office 5 days a week. Not sure if they ever caught up to the rest of the world.

 

Also, there's a load of DWP at Benton that probably won't be included in the move but will have to go somewhere.

No idea. Git a mate quite high up in DWP and he's beenbworking from home for the majority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, madras said:

No idea. Git a mate quite high up in DWP and he's beenbworking from home for the majority.

 

Aye, DWP cleared out fairly quickly but the bottom of the ladder phone monkeys I know at HMRC were all told they couldn't have laptops or owt and had to continue coming in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pilko said:

 

Cheers mate, how reliable is your source? I've messaged them on Instagram and the fuckers haven't replied is all. My Sunday hinges on this :lol:

 

My mates dad was a regular in there and was twisting about the change but did say he had been back in there and they've definitely still got the TVs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andymc1 said:

 

My mates dad was a regular in there and was twisting about the change but did say he had been back in there and they've definitely still got the TVs.

 

Cheers, they eventually replied to me this morning and said they are showing it so panic over for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s be realistic.

 

It’s better that they’re following a 78 year old and his team of bodyguards around, because the alternative entertainment for most of these creeps is that they’d be trying to meet up with 13 year olds they’ve been grooming on social media

 

 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No idea why it's so exciting to begin with.

 

I'm convinced about 95% of the daft birds getting hellishly excited about it on my social feeds didn't know who he was til earlier this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Those £300k+ new build homes in Longbenton people bought to save them from getting the Metro when their ministry parking permit request was rejected look a fucking shit buy now.


House prices are up loads in Longbenton.  Don't worry they will be fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Those £300k+ new build homes in Longbenton people bought to save them from getting the Metro when their ministry parking permit request was rejected look a fucking shit buy now.

 

Which houses in longbenton? 

 

The only decent ones I can think of are those rancid new builds in 'Colliery Road' or whatever it's called next to the academy training ground/blue flames.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Seen Harrison Ford has been kicking off with the crowds of people following him around all day, telling them to piss off and give him some peace.  

 

Bet he can’t wait to get the fuck out of here now. 


You find that with a lot of the big name stars. They are quite often not happy about being approached when they are out and about outside of work or organised events. I go to the theatre quite often and always take my daughter every year (except last year) down London to take in a good few West End shows. We usually wait after the show for the stars to appear via the ‘back door’ and they’ve always had time  for a photo, signature and a few quick words (always surprises me how few people actually do not wait). I’ve also seen a few outside of shows (it’s amazing in my experience how many stars/celebrities I’ve walked past over the years) and twice I have approached two stars (who had previously been so friendly and open at the theatre) asking for a photo and been told (not nastily) that they didn’t have time. So I decided not to do this in the future in case I had a situation like the Harrison Ford one. Been a bit of a bummer as walked by some stars/celebrities who I hadn’t had the opportunity to meet at the theatre, so would have loved to have had the opportunity for a quick photo/signature.

 

One exception was Bradley Cooper who I went to see playing the Elephant Man in a limited run season. Not only was he one of the nicest stars I’ve met, but two days later we were in a restaurant having lunch and he was at the next table. Amazingly when he got up to leave, he looked over and recognised us from the theatre. He actually walked up and asked how we were and asked if we had enjoyed the performance, before wishing us a good day and leaving. 

 

I honestly think it obviously depends on the personality, but I think you will find that the majority of ‘A’ list stars are not keen on being approached outside in their own time, whereas lesser celebrities are more amiable to raise their profile more. Just my experiences over the years anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, et tu brute said:


You find that with a lot of the big name stars. They are quite often not happy about being approached when they are out and about outside of work or organised events. I go to the theatre quite often and always take my daughter every year (except last year) down London to take in a good few West End shows. We usually wait after the show for the stars to appear via the ‘back door’ and they’ve always had time  for a photo, signature and a few quick words (always surprises me how few people actually do not wait). I’ve also seen a few outside of shows (it’s amazing in my experience how many stars/celebrities I’ve walked past over the years) and twice I have approached two stars (who had previously been so friendly and open at the theatre) asking for a photo and been told (not nastily) that they didn’t have time. So I decided not to do this in the future in case I had a situation like the Harrison Ford one. Been a bit of a bummer as walked by some stars/celebrities who I hadn’t had the opportunity to meet at the theatre, so would have loved to have had the opportunity for a quick photo/signature.

 

One exception was Bradley Cooper who I went to see playing the Elephant Man in a limited run season. Not only was he one of the nicest stars I’ve met, but two days later we were in a restaurant having lunch and he was at the next table. Amazingly when he got up to leave, he looked over and recognised us from the theatre. He actually walked up and asked how we were and asked if we had enjoyed the performance, before wishing us a good day and leaving. 

 

I honestly think it obviously depends on the personality, but I think you will find that the majority of ‘A’ list stars are not keen on being approached outside in their own time, whereas lesser celebrities are more amiable to raise their profile more. Just my experiences over the years anyway.

 

I've never approached a celebrity just out, at least not since I was a little kid with Newcastle players. Feel like it's different if you're around an event - like I've waited by the doors after a gig. Reckon there are circumstances I might - like Liam Gallagher's apparently friendly, and if he didn't seem like he was in a rush or having a quiet dinner or something I might cos I fuckin love Oasis, but generally I wouldn't. Apart from a select few people I'm not arsed about a photo with them, and it just doesn't feel right normally to interrupt their private lives.

 

Weirdly I got a little bit of a taste of it when I was living in China for a year. I was in Guizhou province in the SW where there are much fewer westerners than Beijing and that, and for my novely value I'd regularly get asked for photos especially in provincial touristy areas. Some places I really got sick of people sticking their camera in my face without asking, so although I couldn't always be arsed, I'd appreciate it if someone actually asked first and always say yes then.

 

I imagine Ford could go around London a bit less bothered since people are more accustomed down there. In Newcastle seems massive novelty to get such a big American star.

 

 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only celebrity I’ve approached is Kevin Keegan when he was doing a talk-in at my old workplace. Possibly the only person I don’t know that I’d call a hero. After a Flaming Lips gig when I was 17 myself and ten mates hung around at the end and spent an hour chatting with Wayne Coyne who was absolutely class, sure he had better things to do than chat with a bunch of 17 year old lads. Apart from

that I don’t think I’d ever approach a celebrity as I know it must be absolutely fucking shit to never have a moment to yourself in public 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

 

Weirdly I got a little bit of a taste of it when I was living in China for a year. I was in Guizhou province in the SW where there are much fewer westerners than Beijing and that, and for my novely value I'd regularly get asked for photos especially in provincial touristy areas. Some places I really got sick of people sticking their camera in my face without asking, so although I couldn't always be arsed, I'd appreciate it if someone actually asked first and always say yes then.

 

 

 

That must be weird as you presumably you couldnt even tell them to fuck off as they wouldnt understand [emoji38]

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think back and count them up I’ve seen shitloads of celebs but hardly approached any because I wouldn’t want to be a pain in the arse. 
 

Was once in a bar with Noel Gallagher, me and him were the only ones there and I still didn’t pester him cos he seemed quite happy on his own. 

 

I’ve chatted with Sam Fender and he’s really canny, but I see him on my street all the time so it’d be a bit odd if we didn’t speak to each other. He said he gets stopped about 10 times a day by people wanting selfies with him. 

 

Only celeb I’ve been too intimidated to even look at was Purple Aki when I saw him on Northumberland Street. 

 

 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, et tu brute said:


You find that with a lot of the big name stars. They are quite often not happy about being approached when they are out and about outside of work or organised events. I go to the theatre quite often and always take my daughter every year (except last year) down London to take in a good few West End shows. We usually wait after the show for the stars to appear via the ‘back door’ and they’ve always had time  for a photo, signature and a few quick words (always surprises me how few people actually do not wait). I’ve also seen a few outside of shows (it’s amazing in my experience how many stars/celebrities I’ve walked past over the years) and twice I have approached two stars (who had previously been so friendly and open at the theatre) asking for a photo and been told (not nastily) that they didn’t have time. So I decided not to do this in the future in case I had a situation like the Harrison Ford one. Been a bit of a bummer as walked by some stars/celebrities who I hadn’t had the opportunity to meet at the theatre, so would have loved to have had the opportunity for a quick photo/signature.

 

One exception was Bradley Cooper who I went to see playing the Elephant Man in a limited run season. Not only was he one of the nicest stars I’ve met, but two days later we were in a restaurant having lunch and he was at the next table. Amazingly when he got up to leave, he looked over and recognised us from the theatre. He actually walked up and asked how we were and asked if we had enjoyed the performance, before wishing us a good day and leaving. 

 

I honestly think it obviously depends on the personality, but I think you will find that the majority of ‘A’ list stars are not keen on being approached outside in their own time, whereas lesser celebrities are more amiable to raise their profile more. Just my experiences over the years anyway.

Comes down to it they are just people and why would I approach someone I didn't know to talk to just because they've been on tele or whatever ? The selfie thing is a step worse, oh here's a pic of me with some actor. Look you aren't mates, you just happened to bump into them and felt needy enough to want to kind of piggy back their fame.

 

Take a step back and think how bizarre it is, here's a photo of me with someone Im not friends with and I took it just because lots of people know who this person is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, madras said:

Comes down to it they are just people and why would I approach someone I didn't know to talk to just because they've been on tele or whatever ? The selfie thing is a step worse, oh here's a pic of me with some actor. Look you aren't mates, you just happened to bump into them and felt needy enough to want to kind of piggy back their fame.

 

Take a step back and think how bizarre it is, here's a photo of me with someone Im not friends with and I took it just because lots of people know who this person is.


Calm down man otherwise you will spit your dummy out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t understand why anyone would just approach a celeb for a photo or chat, they are unimportant in reality, it’s more about the ‘fame’ of the other non entity getting seen with a celeb, sad frankly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Don’t understand why anyone would just approach a celeb for a photo or chat, they are unimportant in reality, it’s more about the ‘fame’ of the other non entity getting seen with a celeb, sad frankly.


In Mads case I would probably just ask him if he plans on ever making a new season on Hannibal.  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...