Newcastle

Guest Tall Striker

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

In Mads case I would probably just ask him if he plans on ever making a new season on Hannibal.  

Don’t get me wrong, if it was KK, Hitzfeld, Rafa, Kurt Cobain or some random Mexican and I’d be all up in their face staking them like…

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Don’t get me wrong, if it was KK, Hitzfeld, Rafa, Kurt Cobain or some random Mexican and I’d be all up in their face staking them like…

maxresdefault.jpg

21 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Don’t understand why anyone would just approach a celeb for a photo or chat, they are unimportant in reality, it’s more about the ‘fame’ of the other non entity getting seen with a celeb, sad frankly.

Whilst I agree with that completely, I can think of a few times when I’ve been in a boozer with a musician and ended up speaking to them to say I like their work and then we’ve had a chat about other stuff from there.

Like most “normal” people I think they’re often open to talking with like minded people about things they’re interested in. 

But to just approach someone famous for a selfie or to interrupt them whilst they’re doing something else and force them to chat is just pure creepy. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Whilst I agree with that completely, I can think of a few times when I’ve been in a boozer with a musician and ended up speaking to them to say I like their work and then we’ve had a chat about other stuff from there.

Like most “normal” people I think they’re often open to talking with like minded people about things they’re interested in. 

But to just approach someone famous for a selfie or to interrupt them whilst they’re doing something else and force them to chat is just pure creepy. 

I once met Vaughan Oliver, the legendary 4AD designer of the Pixies and Cocteau Twins album covers, in the Free Trade Inn.

At the time, he was regarded as the foremost designer working in music, and I was starting out in graphic design.

I know it's an old cliché, but he was just a normal lad - no pretensions - and had a great chat about where his ideas come from.

7 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Aye, I was at a KK talk in once and I asked him if he could come and have a chat with us, but if not, that would be fine. He dully obliged like the great man he is  of course and ended up at our table for over an hour like. We had a chat with Elvana (a Nirvana kind of tribute band) after their gig a few years back in Newcastle without just asking them for selfies etc. and they were fine, like you say just randomly going up to someone/anyone during their every day normal activity is creepy, celeb or not.

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye, I was at a KK talk in once and I asked him if he could come and have a chat with us, but if not, that would be fine. He dully obliged like the great man he is  of course and ended up at our table for over an hour like. We had a chat with Elvana (a Nirvana kind of tribute band) after their gig a few years back in Newcastle without just asking them for selfies etc. and they were fine, like you say just randomly going up to someone/anyone during their every day normal activity is creepy, celeb or not.

I like that he dully obliged.🤣

5 hours ago, madras said:

Bet your phone is full of "here's me with..........". Pathetic.

No I bet my photos are with my daughter, which we can look at years down the line at things we have done. Now go and pick that dummy up you just spat out, before you start crying again.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

No I bet my photos are with my daughter, which we can look at years down the line at things we have done. Now go and pick that dummy up you just spat out, before you start crying again.

Whoah some level of protestation there fella. Looks like I touched a nerve, so much that it forced you into putting down your copy of HELLO and replying. Pathetic🤣

Edited by madras

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Whoah some level of protestation there fella. Looks like I touched a nerve, so much that it forced you into putting down your copy of HELLO and replying. Pathetic🤣

:gm's dummy:

7 hours ago, Theregulars said:

And yeh we couldn’t find Harrison. Pretty sure his helicopter was circling Low Fell though.

I remember wen I lived in Low Fell there was a rumour of some historic Jewish artefact being kept in Low Fell. Maybe it's the plot of the new film.

Just to jump in on the celeb talk. Michael Holding tops the list for me. I did ask for a picture, as my Dad absolutely loves him and said as much. 

He was a really nice bloke and seemed genuinely humble. Was surprised ‘someone of my age’ knew about him. Then people who were there started jumping in for a photo, because they suddenly realised he was famous.

I've met a shitload of celebrities, but the only time I was star-struck was meeting Bob Willis. I was even cool with Pele. But when Bob Willis was introduced to me I just looked up and whined "You're Bob Willis". He was clearly surprised by my awe, 30 years after the performance that solidified his position as a hero.

Pretty big (and weird) crash on the coast road near Backworth, guy hit the central reservation, rolled his car 360 into the opposite lane so everyone had to slam their brakes on, calmly got out the car, left it in the middle of the road and walked off towards Newcastle.  Think the police are off looking for him now.

3 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Pretty big (and weird) crash on the coast road near Backworth, guy hit the central reservation, rolled his car 360 into the opposite lane so everyone had to slam their brakes on, calmly got out the car, left it in the middle of the road and walked off towards Newcastle.  Think the police are off looking for him now.

If I was called Sarah Connor I’d be shitting in my knickers right now 

Edited by bobbydazzla