Newcastle

Guest Tall Striker

42 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Absolutely. In terms of slightly radge boozers, Star Inn & Raffs are the best for me.

The Raffs question is… LHS bar or RHS bar? 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing those dudes blasting around the pedestrian streets at about 45mph on single wheel scooters with motorbike helmets on and Just Eat bags on their backs, leaning all the way forward because of the speed they're going at, is the first time I've actually felt that the future is here

Edited by OpenC

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Seeing those dudes blasting around the pedestrian streets at about 45mph on single wheel scooters with motorbike helmets on and Just Eat bags on their backs, leaning all the way forward because of the speed they're going at, is the first time I've actually felt that the future is here

One lad went flying past me on one of these a while back, at about what seemed like the speed you mention, straight round a blind corner on Hadrian's Way down in Wallsend. No helmet on either, the helmet. :lol:

7 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Unicycles?

I have nee idea what they are.  They go too fast to look at.  They appear to be a wheel with a footrest on either side, which goes unbelievably fast and I can't believe they're OK on the city streets

I mean, it's obviously a great way to get food delivered while it's still hot but the collateral damage risk is just too high

There was one on Northumberland Street the other day man, was ridiculous

On 01/10/2021 at 17:42, LFEE said:

Speaking as someone who enjoys the Beehive as I can see it for exactly what it is along with the Clock and Black Garter I wouldn’t put The Junction in the same bracket. I would slot it in a similar bracket to The Mile Castle or the The Goose.

Beehive is great man 🙂 Prices are usually 50% cheaper than anywhere else and the jukebox is great 🤷‍♂️ 

Then below the Beehive, Clock and Garter you have Butlers which is in a complete league of its own.

I still have nightmares about the state of the bogs from my last visit.

On 02/10/2021 at 10:06, kingkerouac said:

Anyone remember Bierrex, next to the Civic Centre?

I always used to see players from Keegan's team in there in the late 90s.

Great bar that.....one of the the first in town to have a decent selection of foreign beers.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Any decent greasy spoons for breakfast/brunch in the city centre. Trying to think of somewhere to line the stomach early doors on Sunday before the game. 

There's one I go to in the Grainger Market. It's maybe not what people would call quality but it's definitely a proper greasy spoon, I like it.

I've booked a couple of nights at the Clifton Hotel & Bar in Elswick for the weekend.. Anyone know much of it?

Seemed to be reasonable enough average ratings when I first booked but after reading some of the reviews I'm fearing I should've just accepted the extortion of the city centre or quayside. :lol:

43 minutes ago, wormy said:

I've booked a couple of nights at the Clifton Hotel & Bar in Elswick for the weekend.. Anyone know much of it?

Seemed to be reasonable enough average ratings when I first booked but after reading some of the reviews I'm fearing I should've just accepted the extortion of the city centre or quayside. :lol:

Maybe I’m being harsh on the Clifton Hotel & Bar but I imagine you’d have a more peaceful night if you got yourself nicked for D&D and kipped in the cells at Forth Banks bizzie station

Edited by bobbydazzla