Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not opposed to a winter WC in theory. Quality of play would likely be higher, as most players would be in mid-season form rather than worn out from having just finished a full season.

But the issue here has always been about the choice of host.

I'm done with world cups FIFA want to take them to horrible countries with major racism problems and what is all but a dictatorship (russia) and a place where being gay is illegal and there is slave labour then fuck em, fuck FIFA, UEFA and the rest and fuck all the FA's for going along with it and voting for someone as blatantly corrupt as blatter to the top job in football-again. It takes effort to make the clubs who are trying to make it as anti competitive as possible look good but my word fifa manages it.

I'm not opposed to a winter WC in theory. Quality of play would likely be higher, as most players would be in mid-season form rather than worn out from having just finished a full season.

I'm not happy with them fucking with tradition tbh, they have one important job which is to put on a World Cup every 4 years for all of the football fans in the world to enjoy and they're trying their best to fuck it up with their smart-arsed legacy bullshit and blatant corruption.  The fact England haven't had a turn since 66 speaks volumes.

how's this?  surely the season when the WC is in winter will start earlier meaning the players will likely have had virtually no break from the one just gone, then they'll play a full season with a WC in the middle, then probably have a short break before starting the next one :lol:

how's this?  surely the season when the WC is in winter will start earlier meaning the players will likely have had virtually no break from the one just gone, then they'll play a full season with a WC in the middle, then probably have a short break before starting the next one :lol:

Start the season two weeks earlier, finish two weeks later.  :dontknow:

Under a competent governing body, the decision to host a winter tournament would be made well in advance and the league schedules adjusted accordingly in the years leading up to the tournament. Though I'm sure this particular process will be done entirely in a slapdash manner without any foresight.

I'm not happy with them f***ing with tradition tbh, they have one important job which is to put on a World Cup every 4 years for all of the football fans in the world to enjoy and they're trying their best to f*** it up with their smart-arsed legacy bullshit and blatant corruption.  The fact England haven't had a turn since 66 speaks volumes.

:thup: Although not sure about the the England bit as some nations haven't hosted it while obviously some have hosted it twice. I just despise the fact they're fucking with the june/july tradition it's absolute bullshit, quality won't be better if anything it will be worse because psychologically players won't be prepared for it as they're midseason and by the looks of it have league games just a week or so later in some leagues.

Horrible decision, and I hope something happens before that, otherwise we're all fucked who wont' have flexible hours at that time.

think deuce or someone said it before, fuck these next two world cups, can't be arsed at all

Agree. Surprised the Beeb and ITV haven't been petitioned not to bid for rights to it. Not to mention the FA. They'll all do it anyway of course, just surprising no one is visibly in opposition.

think deuce or someone said it before, fuck these next two world cups, can't be arsed at all

Agree. Surprised the Beeb and ITV haven't been petitioned not to bid for rights to it. Not to mention the FA. They'll all do it anyway of course, just surprising no one is visibly in opposition.

FIFA are the global version of mike ashley and NUFC really...everyone knows it's wrong and he's/they're cunts but as they're seen to be untouchable people fall over themselves to throw money at the cunts and smile on the big screens

At the time it comes around you will most likely watch it all and enjoy it and it will probably still be the best thing about football in that year

At the time it comes around you will most likely watch it all and enjoy it and it will probably still be the best thing about football in that year

Fuck you triggs, I'm self immolating

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...