*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Bad craic from .com iyam. Hate this attitude that because Hughton was unproven, he was always going to be unproven. Is it too much to ask that a manager could become a success with us (KK?), rather than become a success elsewhere then be asked to recreate it under different conditions?

What retarded logic is that? It's like selling Andy Carroll because of a lack of experience.

indeed. Very strange article.

Dont see what they have said wrong, its not gushing over Hughton and they are repeating what they said way back.

mentioning his race for starters.

On the face of it there is potential in this decision for the club to move forward. After all, a new manager could be in-situ ahead of the January transfer window opening rather than closing as has been custom and practice on Barrack Road in recent seasons. If that manager is of the quality, say of a Martin ONeill and is correctly resourced and is operating to a realistic plan then we should have hope for the future. If Hughton is replaced by an Alan Pardew, Curbishley, OLeary or God forbid, Joe Kinnear happy to make non-football decisions at the instruction of his boss, then we will know emphatically the club is going absolutely nowhere.

spot on.

Bad craic from .com iyam. Hate this attitude that because Hughton was unproven, he was always going to be unproven. Is it too much to ask that a manager could become a success with us (KK?), rather than become a success elsewhere then be asked to recreate it under different conditions?

What retarded logic is that? It's like selling Andy Carroll because of a lack of experience.

indeed. Very strange article.

Dont see what they have said wrong, its not gushing over Hughton and they are repeating what they said way back.

mentioning his race for starters.

I think you are reading to much into that comment.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had no idea you worked on True Faith, binnsy :) Might buy it more often now, always wanted you to post on here more.

I assumed he'd just c+p'd it? ???

He might have, but I'd still like to see him post on here more often - good poster.  :thup:

Can't stand this "well yeah he was never going to be a great manager" stuff. Condescending shit, as Ian W said earlier, and John Carver before him, no wonder none of our English managers get anywhere.

Had no idea you worked on True Faith, binnsy :) Might buy it more often now, always wanted you to post on here more.

He might have, but I'd still like to see him post on here more often - good poster.  :thup:

haha no i just c+p'd it.  That was Mick's work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9262221.stm

what a load of tosh!

very unprofessional ranting of someone who should know better.

People are getting far too emotional about this.  IF the club appoint an experienced manager, then whats there to cry about?

CH wont be without a job for long, nufc has show cased his talents very nicely, so no need to feel sorry for him, even if he is a nice chap.

IF we appoint a shiite manager, then its time to rant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9262221.stm

what a load of tosh!

very unprofessional ranting of someone who should know better.

People are getting far too emotional about this.  IF the club appoint an experienced manager, then whats there to cry about?

CH wont be without a job for long, nufc has show cased his talents very nicely, so no need to feel sorry for him, even if he is a nice chap.

IF we appoint a shiite manager, then its time to rant.

Fancy football fans getting emotional, whatever next?

How the fuck do SSN manage to find more non-geordie NUFC fans outside St James' in one day than I think ive seen in my life?

A welcome change from the Geordie braindead charvers they normally interview.

Don't think .com or that True Faith thing from Binnsy get anywhere near the anger I feel tonight. Im absolutly disgusted with Ashley and Llambais.

We've just sacked a man who basically dragged this club up from an absolute shambles, for £300k a year. We were basically a club with no management from the top, unwanted and left to rot when Hughton dragged us up from nothing, creating a great team spirit and defying all odds to achieve promotion. Since promotion we've seen wins at Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea, beat Villa 6-0 and the mackems 5-1.

A few injuries/suspensions, and one or two poor results and Ashley has sacked him. It's fuckin disgusting treatment of a man, who in my opinion saved this club. Never been so annoyed about football!

How the f*** do SSN manage to find more non-geordie NUFC fans outside St James' in one day than I think ive seen in my life?

They talked total sense though, unlike most people usually interviewed there.

How the f*** do SSN manage to find more non-geordie NUFC fans outside St James' in one day than I think ive seen in my life?

They talked total sense though, unlike most people usually interviewed there.

Very true, just strange. Here's hoping its a little too cold for the radgies.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

haha no i just c+p'd it.   That was Mick's work.

Oh, well, good work, Mick! Still, binnsy, post more you old sage!

Guest Heneage

Exactly.

It's funny, John Anderson made an interesting point.  Why offer Williamson and Ranger 5 year contracts if you plan to sack Hughton? the new manager may come in and say "hey I don't want these guys, they ain't good enough" lol.

As much as I understand Wullie's disappointment, his analogies have been bordering on embarassing tonight. Comparing this to hypothetical situations involving Ancelotti, Ferguson and now Carroll.

I'm dissapointed too, we all are. Have a break from it, mate. Let's see how it turns out.

Guest firetotheworks

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that Carroll analogy. Sacking an 'inexperienced' manager while he's gaining experience and doing well is absolutely backwards, and quite obviously yet another lie from Ashley, especially when he talks of appointing from within and developing players through the youth system.

I've criticised Hughton this year when I've felt he's got things wrong. To be fair, I stand by that criticism- he did make mistakes and got some woeful results this year. Having said that, he's also give us some very special days this year and last year brought back pride to the club when it was on it's arse.

I just feel pretty low and empty about the news, once again the Ashley regime has derailed us with a dreadful decision.

I'm on a course with work all week and away from most who I would normally chew the fat with; it's given the whole day a very surreal feel.

Cheers Chris, you did a great job. You made mistakes, like the majority of managers but if I ever see you in a bar I'll have little hesitation in sending a beer over.

Really fear for the future. Another Kinnear/Pardew/Stooge appointment could see the end for a lot of fans. Three year deals are up at the end of this year, we could easily be looking at sub 30,000 next year if we have a dickhead in the managers office.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that Carroll analogy. Sacking an 'inexperienced' manager while he's gaining experience and doing well is absolutely backwards, and quite obviously yet another lie from Ashley, especially when he talks of appointing from within and developing players through the youth system.

In the last 4 months, Carroll has given every indication that he belongs and will excel at this level.