Alan Pardew

JH

Guest TrueToon

This appointment stinks and it has angered me, But at the end of the day, It's clear for everyone to see that Ashley isn't influenced or affected by what goes on out here...

At the end of the day we all support this football club for the FOOTBALL! I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by transferring our feelings onto the players because if they lose it then we will get caught up in the relegation battle..

The Chris Hughton situation is done now, Nothing we can about it, It's life, We've just got to get on!

Guest Geordiesned

Press conference IS on SSN live later.

Not according to the club it isn't.

They just advertised it mate.

Maybe David Craig was too busy brown nosing to realise

@milesstarforth

#nufc have revealed there won't be live TV coverage of Alan Pardew's press conference at St James's Park this afternoon

This appointment stinks and it has angered me, But at the end of the day, It's clear for everyone to see that Ashley isn't influenced or affected by what goes on out here...

At the end of the day we all support this football club for the FOOTBALL! I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by transferring our feelings onto the players because if they lose it then we will get caught up in the relegatio battle..

The Chris Hughton situation is done now, Nothing we can about it, It's life, We've just got to get on!

Grow a backbone ffs man, we as a collective can achieve anything we want to anything

At least for the first time in so many years we have a manager who seems to have the backing from the owner and chairman.

I dont like this at all but on a positive note at least that means maybe we get some transfers in as Ashley trusts Pardew.

Now it's up to Pardew to build a fucking dynasty of this or he can fuck right off.

We need to buy players in January to stay in this league and it seemed like Hughton wasn't going to get backed.

Unfortunately for Pardew his priority isn't to stay up. Because with Hughton we would've. His priority now is to get this club forward, we shouldn't finish this season no worse than 11th position otherwise the sacking of Hughton was pointless.

CaulkinTheTimes  George Caulkin

Press conference at SJP at 2.30 this afternoon. #Nufc say it won't be broadcast live on telly.

the press should refuse to attend if they have any balls. i am fuckin livid

Shock. Horror.

Bahahahahaha f***ing hell, waht a bunch of f***ing cowards.

Guest TrueToon

At the end of the day we all support this football club for the FOOTBALL! I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by transferring our feelings onto the players because if they lose it then we will get caught up in the relegatio battle..

Grow a backbone ffs man, we as a collective can achieve anything we want to anything

What? I've got a backbone pal, But im not going to beg it..

Ashley is a wanker, Nothing we do is bothering him (clearly) so why the fuck am i gonna get wound up about it all..

Get on with it and support the TEAM!

Fuck's sake. :(

Press conference not on TV, most of the newspapers banned from the club anyway.

It's pretty much going to be Llambias (maybe), Pardew & a couple of people from .co.uk firing the pre-arranged questions isn't?

Sounds about right. As mentioned, SSN clearly advertised coverage earlier but perhaps it's just going to be video of the same stuff.

At the end of the day we all support this football club for the FOOTBALL! I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by transferring our feelings onto the players because if they lose it then we will get caught up in the relegation battle..

I get where you come from mate but at the end of the day when the owner sacks a man who has earned the respect of everyone with a decent job, had canny results and was doing gernally ok considering the tight nature of the league this season and appoints HIS mate what fucking hope have we got.

We were under the impression they sacked Hughton to take the club forward another step and lead on from and reasonable points collection.

He appoints this arse clown from the wilderness on a whim cos its his pal.

Our possible manager list is growing ever shorter and on that list only exist Southern blokes

Redknapp was wanted orginally

Kinnear pitched up

And now we have captain arrogant pardew.

Who else is left from the southern managers?

Fuck this "Ooh, I don't like it but get behind him..." shit, make the man's life a living fucking hell.    Ashley's fucked over Hughton to give his mate a cushy job, and you want to make it as smooth a ride as possible for him?  And that will achieve fucking what exactly?  We could build a statue of the cunt and it isn't going to get us anywhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9267960.stm

Alan Pardew signs lengthy deal as new Newcastle manager

Newcastle United have appointed Alan Pardew as the club's new manager on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

Pardew - dismissed by League One side Southampton in August - replaces Chris Hughton, who was sacked on Monday.

"I am honoured and privileged to have been given this opportunity at one of the truly great clubs in English football," said the 49-year-old.

His first match in charge of the club, who are 12th in the Premier League, is at home to Liverpool on Saturday.

Former Tottenham coach Hughton led Newcastle back into the top flight last season but, following his controversial sacking, the club said it wanted to appoint a new manager "with more experience".

BBC Sport understands that Pardew - who has also managed Reading, West Ham and Charlton - was in talks with the north-east club about taking over at St James' Park as long as 10 days ago.

As a manager Pardew has taken charge of more than 500 games, though the majority of those were not in the Premier League.

"I understand what this club means to its supporters," Pardew added on Thursday.

"Throughout the football world people recognise that this is a unique club in many ways, with supporters who are second to none in their loyalty, passion and devotion for the team.

"I'm not a Geordie of course, but I'm a football person with a love of the game and I can assure you I bring great drive, desire and commitment to the job.

"Chris Hughton did a great job last season, guiding the club back to the Premier League, and he continued that good work this season. It is my aim to build on that now and take this club forward.

"I have always managed teams that have played attacking positive football, something I know the supporters here appreciate.

"At the same time I intend to focus on developing exciting young players through the club's excellent Academy and development squad, and I know the board here at St. James' Park are very committed to that too."

Pardew joined West Ham in September 2003 and guided them to Premier League promotion in 2005, before being sacked in late 2006.

He then joined Charlton on Christmas Eve 2006, but the club were relegated from the Premier League later that season and after failing to get promotion in 2007-08 he left in November 2008.

Since when? I certainly can't remember ever looking forward to watching West Ham or Charlton play.