Alan Pardew

JH

Guest MrSundlofer

I cannot see why people are trying to blame Pardew for this

Probably because we were bossing the game, Jol responded with a switch in formation and then we were left floundering while 4 goals flew into our net.

Could say all 4 goals was caused by counter attacks. We lost the ball. Who lost the ball?

I hope he persists with the 4-3-3 and doesn't use today as an excuse to change things, as the first half was the best I've seen us play away from home for a long time.

We can't keep including Shola, though. We just can't.

Guest palnese

I hope he persists with the 4-3-3 and doesn't use today as an excuse to change things, as the first half was the best I've seen us play away from home for a long time.

We can't keep including Shola, though. We just can't.

Yep. I'd rather play Loven/Ranger/Best up front if we're going 4-3-3. Shola is not good enough. It really is that simple.

Guest Dontooner

It was bloody obvious they were counterattacking and they were in NumberS. We should have sat deep and crowded our own half and play them on the counter. Pardew didnt even change it when they equalised.... good that he learned how to play the team into possession and progressive attacking football. But now he has to fine tune it because it doesnt work throughout the match it would leave you too exposed at times.

Fucking shite pards!

Bringing perch on when there was still enough time was fucking shocking

I dunno, that actually made sense to me. Guthrie had totally lost it at that point and was just giving the ball away for nothing.

Pardew should have been telling the players to slow down the game in the second half, instead we got cocky and paid for it.

It was bloody obvious they were counterattacking and they were in NumberS. We should have sat deep and crowded our own half and play them on the counter. Pardew didnt even change it when they equalised.... good that he learned how to play the team into possession and progressive attacking football. But now he has to fine tune it because it doesnt work throughout the match it would leave you too exposed at times.

I think so too. Don't think he had many options on the bench though tbh.

I think i would have been tempted to take Shola off, put Best in the middle and play Obertan on the left (if he can cut inside he might be a little more inclined to take a man on). Think we could have countered then with Obertan and Ben Arfa down the flanks.

Seems to keep making the same mistakes sometimes. He obviously has some tactical flexibility, our formation at start was unusual, and worked, but second half got it so wrong and then worst is he didn't fix it.

:sadnod:

Some similarities as the Chelsea defeat.  Very vulnerable to the counter-attacks on our flanks with our fulbacks caught out.  No change in tactics.  Not learning from the alarm bells ringing as all could see we were being exploited.   

Guest neesy111

He doesn't react until it's too late when things are not going well.  Like last week, the Cabaye injury saved him as it forced him to changing tactics.

Fucking shite pards!

I dunno, that actually made sense to me. Guthrie had totally lost it at that point and was just giving the ball away for nothing.

Pardew should have been telling the players to slow down the game in the second half, instead we got cocky and paid for it.

:thup: this, thought Perch was the better of the subs, Guthrie had gone to pieces after a promising first half. Not sure how Chris Baird dominated our midfield though

Guest neesy111

Fucking shite pards!

:thup: this, thought Perch was the better of the subs, Guthrie had gone to pieces after a promising first half. Not sure how Chris Baird dominated our midfield though

Perch actually stopped Johnson, shame it was 20 mins too late.