Alan Pardew

JH

The game was lost within 15 minutes. Replacing Obertan with Ben Arfa wouldn't have made the slightest f***ing difference imo.

100% agree with this, not sure starting him would have made a difference either, without Tiote & Cabaye in the starting  Benny is a luxury we cannot afford.

How the fuck can we afford Obertan then? HBA has something to give offensively, Obertan has something to give to fucking UFO hunters. I wouldn't be critisicing Pardew for starting Taylor, but I'll sure criticise him for starting Obertan.

He got the system completely wrong from the off today. Playing the two Dembas may have looked great on paper but really an extra body in midfield could have helped our cause today. Earlier in the week, there were concerns from some on here that Guthrie-Perch would be overwhelmed by Spurs' midfield and this turned out to be so - Parker/Modric were completely on top today. I think an extra man in CM could have curbed Spurs' attack.

Bit worrying that it took Pardew quite a while to change things around mind (switching Jonas to the right/bringing on Ferguson). Bringing Ben Arfa on wouldn't have done much today btw - this is mainly down to the fact we basically had nothing in/from midfield today so Hatem wouldn't have seen much of the ball anyway (imo). I reckon that if Raylor was fit today, he would have started instead of Obertan.

Still though, we're 6th and a point off Chelsea/Arsenal. Pardew will hopefully learn from today and will make sure it doesn't happen again in the future. Now it's time to concentrate on Wolves.

Guest neesy111

One thing's for certain, this board has some of the greatest football tacticians the game has ever seen.

I mean, how dare Pardew only get this team/squad within a point of the CL with all these millions of pounds at his disposal.

What a useless cunt.

So what's the point in the forum if we can't question his tactics / decisions etc?

One thing's for certain, this board has some of the greatest football tacticians the game has ever seen.

I mean, how dare Pardew only get this team/squad within a point of the CL with all these millions of pounds at his disposal.

What a useless c***.

That's good news, so we only need to get to 43 points to qualify for the CL.

What a useless cunt.

So is shooting the messenger the best way forward?

The problem here is people seem to be reading "Starting Ben Arfa wouldn't have made a difference" as "Obertan should have definitely played. He's a better choice than Ben Arfa"

IMO it doesn't matter if it wouldn't have made a difference. Sure we lose today 99% of times even if HBA would have started but it's a concern that even today when it was clear choice between Obertan and HBA he goes with Obertan who's done nothing all season. It sends the wrong message from the start.

Afterwards it's easy to say we should have gone 4-5-1 with HBA and Abeid starting in places of Cisse and Obertan. But it shouldn't have been so hard to see Obertan shouldn't have started regardless the formation even pre-match.

A very good lesson for Pardew.  We are not at that level and having a go at those Big7 teams, especially away from home, is purely suicidal. Sad that Cabaye and Tiote are unavailable and even we tried to play very defensive it would be useless.  4-5-1 system with Gosling, Perch and Guthrie at the centre wouldn't change the result.  We don't have another choice for right back as well, who cost us 2 early goals.

If I was Pardew I would try Gosling and Perch at the centre and just let HBA and Ba to make some miracle.  That's also very negative to be honest. We simply could not cope with them.

And I wonder why no one can understand Pardew's comment of fearing Spurs aerial ability. Certainly they are better on the ground, but what's worse is that we lose all the headers --- particularly Ba and Williamson.  Williamson and Colo didn't win ANY header from Adebayor throughout the match.  Everytime when Adebayor get the ball, air or ground, we are in chaos. Both Colo and Willi are "outclassed".

A heavy loss, mainly due to the difference in quality. Both teams have several key members out due to injury and international duty but squad depth proves to be the key difference.

Guest Dontooner

We were never in the same class, the difference imo was not just the players alone, the biggest factor is probably the football played on the pitch. Is like Pep guardiola vs Sam Allardyce..there is just no competition. Credit to Harry, he is a much better tactician than i thought, deserves England or England deserves him.

We were never in the same class, the difference imo was not just the players alone, the biggest factor is probably the football played on the pitch. Is like Pep guardiola vs Sam Allardyce..there is just no competition. Credit to Harry, he is a much better tactician than i thought, deserves England or England deserves him.

Let's see how Harry would have done with Perch & Guthrie in the middle and us having Modric & Parker.

My main gripe is how many warnings we've been given in games we've come away with points from. Results will eventually begin to follow performances, and while I was delighted with the results, performances have ostensibly been ignored by Pardew. No change to our defensive tactics, no serious ball retention in the last three games and, in short, no willingness to change things before they break.

Colo's form has suffered tremendously and the morale of the dressing room after that turkey stuffing must be terrible. Welcome to the real Newcastle, Papisto :lol:

Yesterday was exceptionally bad though. The lack of fight and the lack of bottle on display was unlike any match this season. I was so impressed with Ferguson just showing hunger to stand his ground and go up against players. He overhit a cross for Demba, but he can be proud of his performance. Showed a lot of courage and desire, which is what any kind of performance/result yesterday would have been built upon (in the absence of Tiote/Cabaye). He deserves a run in the side IMO.

Put yesterdays performance in to some perspective. Yes we were woeful but Tottenham, especially Adebayor, were unplayable. When tiote and Ba went to the ACN I expected us to capitulate, but when Tiote is back we will still be 1 point from CL qualification. We have gained points when I for one thought we would fail. Performances have not been great, but our central midfield would struggle to get on the bench with a fully fit squad. I am looking forward to the Wolves game as with Tiote and Cabaye back I really can see us pressing on. Season starts now and we have one hell of a chance of winning the fourth place mini league. Chelsea are crap, Arsenal without RVP are crap and Liverpool are a joke.

The game was lost within 15 minutes. Replacing Obertan with Ben Arfa wouldn't have made the slightest fucking difference imo.

You're probably right but there's a bigger picture to be considered. As I've said elsewhere I'll accept that Raylor offers something HBA doesn't, being able to defend reasonably well. But Obertan? Nah, sorry, not having it. He's the very definition of a nothing footballer.

Guest Dontooner

Let's see how Harry would have done with Perch & Guthrie in the middle and us having Modric & Parker.

apart from the players watch how the rest of the team pass the ball, clearly they have a system going. Mostly one touch or two touch footy.

Seems like the Managers job clearly isn't important for some fans, tactics is folklore and a passing systems is unicorns on a rainbow.

No credit what so ever needed to give to a manager trying to play attractive football while getting results and probably no dissing one that aims for results while being negative about it. (Sam Allardyce anyone)

apart from the players watch how the rest of the team pass the ball, clearly they have a system going. Mostly one touch or two touch footy.

Seems like the Managers job clearly isn't important for some fans, tactics is forth-lore and a passing system is unicorns on a rainbow.

No credit what so ever needed to give to a manager trying to play attractive football while getting results and probably no dissing one that aims for results while being negative about it. (Sam Allardyce anyone)

Could they play that system with our choice of midfielders yesterday? I think they're fine against the non-top 7 clubs in that they can graft out a result/performance. I thought maybe we could stifle them yesterday but they were just too good for us.

Guest Dontooner

Yes in fact i think so, i have watched Spurs this season and they have been consistent, they have exploit spaces even against the top teams and dominated most of the lesser. How have we done? exploited spaces against lesser teams with our full squad?Dominated with Cabaye and Tiote against lesser teams all season? Pass and ran rings around over teams? If we had Harry instead of Pardew in this team would we likely play better football? Honestly, think some here over exaggerate the pair of Cabaye and Tiote prowess, they make a difference but not all the difference. Cabaye being under-performing for many months and that is down to Pardew not using him properly.

Guest Dontooner

Just one more thing to highlight, the commentators were bang on about us loosing the ball too easily everytime we attacked. It was a open game, we had the space but we had no bloody clue  what to do with the ball in the final third or how to pass it to find space. but this must be down to Perch and Guthrie  being really shit players and the rest of the team broke down totally because of them.

My main gripe is how many warnings we've been given in games we've come away with points from. Results will eventually begin to follow performances, and while I was delighted with the results, performances have ostensibly been ignored by Pardew. No change to our defensive tactics, no serious ball retention in the last three games and, in short, no willingness to change things before they break.

Colo's form has suffered tremendously and the morale of the dressing room after that turkey stuffing must be terrible. Welcome to the real Newcastle, Papisto :lol:

Yesterday was exceptionally bad though. The lack of fight and the lack of bottle on display was unlike any match this season. I was so impressed with Ferguson just showing hunger to stand his ground and go up against players. He overhit a cross for Demba, but he can be proud of his performance. Showed a lot of courage and desire, which is what any kind of performance/result yesterday would have been built upon (in the absence of Tiote/Cabaye). He deserves a run in the side IMO.

Play him at lb and Santon on the right and do away with Wilson who's just so negligent it's untrue (wrong side of Saha for that goal and just chillin :lol:)