Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

So according to Dutch TV, Jol won't come to Newcastle due to the treatment of Hughton. Not surprised. No independently minded manager will come near us. It's a 'yes man' in control or no man - leaving us with either Pardew, Kinnear again or Beardsley taking the hot seat. <shudder>

#martinjol says his friendship with #chrishughton means he is not interested in the #newcastle job. @CaulkinTheTimes

Was always going to be a massive hurdle. Obviously not bigger than having to report to a pack of cunts, but up there none the less.

One would think even if he was interested in the role, he'd speak to Hughton first anyway. Can't see his prospective employers receiving too glowing a review...

I know exactly what you mean.  I always wondered the same about Shearer taking the 8 games on then wanting to stay on, and whether he'd spoken to Keegan before taking it on.  I suppose being local & wanting to save us would be the difference.

One would think even if he was interested in the role, he'd speak to Hughton first anyway. Can't see his prospective employers receiving too glowing a review...

precisely what i was saying yesterday. disappointed in this latest news but not surprised.

now the whole football world knows that Ashley is an amateur and a cunt it is going to be difficult to appoint a credible manager. not impossible, but Ashley would have to go the extra mile and offer unprecedented wages, freedom to act and transfer funds to tempt the likes of Jol or O'Neill. As we know from bitter experience, these are exactly the things Ashley will not offer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we had of bagged Jol i could see some sense in the decision.

If it turns out to be Pardew, i am cutting all ties until the fat man is out