Your support from this point on

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brazilianbob

Looking at this sensibly, lets not dwell too much on how poor we think Pardew is as a manager because it could have been so so much worse.

What about the managers they could have appointed.

Roy Keane anyone? how about the ex Hull manager and mackem lover Phil Brown or maybe Ian Dowie or Billy Davies?  Tony Pulis might have fancied a crack or even Mick McCarthy.  Then there is Gordon Strachan who was available!

Looking at the appointment of Pardew from this perspective, it doesn't look too bad now compared to what might have been does it?

Looking at this sensibly, lets not dwell too much on how poor we think Pardew is as a manager because it could have been so so much worse.

Roy Keane anyone? how about the ex Hull manager and mackem lover Phil Brown or maybe Ian Dowie or Billy Davies?  Tony Pulis might have fancied a crack or even Mick McCarthy.  Then there is Gordon Strachan who was available!

Looking at the appointment of Pardew from this perspective, it doesn't look too bad now compared to what might have been does it?

Are you still watching me and taking note of my comments? :lol:

The poll in this thread really highlights the 'foreign/fairweather fans' on this board :lol:

We had Graeme f***ing Souness steadfastly destroy almost everything we loved about the club under SBR. Yet, this is the 'final straw' for many people on here.

Presumably you'd never heard of NUFC a decade ago?

I actually burst out laughing when I read this it's so pathetic.

You may as well have put up a big sign saying 'wind up, please reply as many times as possible here'.

:tumbleweed:

Wow.

What's your point caller? That have having your hands chopped off is better than your whole arms?

What about if they didn't have to appoint anyone at all?? Because thats the situation the fat cunt SHOULD have been in.

Now we have a POOR manager, who we won't be able to sack because of his contract, and we WILL lose some important players before the start of next season.

I remember the whole 'Supporters for Change' thing, back in 89/90. Think a couple of lads on here were involved - possibly Merlin and Ian W? Some stayed away from games, as the war between McKeag and Sir John Hall intensified. I was only 16/17 at the time and not mature enough to realize properly what was going on, as I still went to every home game. Now 20 years on, I know better. As for the clueless like Stu above.... *shakes head*

Yes, you are quite correct BG - see my post later in the thread.

As it happens, I was involved with the Magpie Group so had even more reason to get the old board out.

On the day the fans finally turned on Mckeag and Co during the match with Coventry late in 1988, I was on my way back from Edinburgh after racing up there that morning to beat McKeag's rep to a shareholder so John Hall could get those shares ; there were about 6 of us doing similar things...

I missed the game(we lost 0-3) but we got the shares...and that was another step to getting McKeag out so it was well worth it in my opinion.

You cannot achieve anything without some sacrifice - no pain, no gain !

As for those who try to look down on those of us who are prepared to do without going to SJP for the long term good...well, you did right to shake your head and frankly, blind unquestioning loyalty of the 'King's new clothes' variety is one of the reasons I am cutting back on postings.

More to do than listen to the rattle of empty cans...too old for that now !

I can recall a game at Highfield Road around this time,though I recall it being a 1-1 with Pingel scoring for us where we chanted "McKeag out" for 2 solid hours.He was another cunt who darkened our doors.Compare him to Ashley?Impossible,it's like comparing AIDS to cancer.

I do think any stick given by people inside the ground should be directed at Ahsley & Llambias, not Pardew. Im sure he has known about this appointment longer than he said, but ultimately, hes just took a job thats been offered, whether he's mates or not.

The thing is,and I understand this is difficult,but not supporting the team is cutting off your nose to spite your face.No home support and we will go into freefall.Not a good scenario.Best save your protests for Ashley's outlets.

That won't make much of a dent though, we defo need a supporters for change group again, the only problem now is that there isn't anyone else to come in.

The thing is,and I understand this is difficult,but not supporting the team is cutting off your nose to spite your face.No home support and we will go into freefall.Not a good scenario.Best save your protests for Ashley's outlets.

A healthy balance of both is what's needed - "we're both being screwed by him, we stand by you" stuff.

Roar them on to spite Ashley (while making sure he gets no more money from us because as we know, success on the pitch isn't what he cares about and isn't what will keep him here - it's our money that's important here).

Until Bobby Robson went, there was a 20,000 waiting list for STs - now there is NOBODY on that waiting list so the club has lost at least 20,000 fans in 10 years. No business can afford to keep doing that and NUFC are no different.

You made some good points however I'm not sure about the one above. I don't believe we have lost 20K fans, rather I believe 20K+ fans simply can't afford STs atm. I know I can't..

A healthy balance of both is what's needed - "we're both being screwed by him, we stand by you" stuff.

Roar them on to spite Ashley (while making sure he gets no more money from us because as we know, success on the pitch isn't what he cares about and isn't what will keep him here - it's our money that's important here).

Agreed,but it's not an easy one to succeed in.

Guest neesy111

Until Bobby Robson went, there was a 20,000 waiting list for STs - now there is NOBODY on that waiting list so the club has lost at least 20,000 fans in 10 years. No business can afford to keep doing that and NUFC are no different.

You made some good points however I'm not sure about the one above. I don't believe we have lost 20K fans, rather I believe 20K+ fans simply can't afford STs atm. I know I can't..

The club has lost too many fans, NUFC could sell out an 80k stadium if the football was superb.  Blaming the current crowds on people not being able to afford it, is clutching at straws quite frankly.

The club has lost too many fans, NUFC could sell out an 80k stadium if the football was superb.  Blaming the current crowds on people not being able to afford it, is clutching at straws quite frankly.

Agreed. I understand there will be unfortunate fans such as yourself who can't afford it. But 20,000? On the flipside, as neesy says, if we're stable and progressing, there will be fans who can afford it adding their names to the list as much, if not more than, people who can't afford it taking their name off. To lose a 20,000 person waiting list is a fucking joke.

Agreed,but it's not an easy one to succeed in.

No, maybe not, and I agree that in the team's presence (especially mid-match) support for them should be the focus. But make it real loud support, inflamed, backs against the wall support that we know how to do when we've had players sent off and goals wrongly disallowed. Because we have been wronged, and we need to make it clear we're pissed off - never mind to Ashley, I mean to wavering fans who don't really know what's going on and at ordinary matches are inclined to sit down if they see a sign telling them to. There are people on this forum talking about 'maybe' sending tickets back/stopping going if it seems like other people will do the same - well, some people are going to have to make the first step. Hopefully we can drive the team we're still proud of to victory and still strike a big blow against Ashley and set the agenda.

Ordinary people who know what has to be done just have to take care of themselves and belt their message out and not worry too much about whether others will join in. Fearing failure is half of what's required to achieve failure.

Im not denying that there will be fans that no longer go and could still afford it, getting relegated oftern has that effect. You gotta remember, back then we had some of the best players in the country and we're playing champions league football. We were in europe like 6 or 7? seasons in a row. I just think the economic climate would of hit the numbers more

Merlin - it's a shame that you cannot stay and contribute to here. You have much advice and experience to pass on to the younger fans who are still blinded by passion for the club. They should listen to you and perhaps then the same mistakes will not be repeated again and again in the future.

I remember that weekend of the Coventry game (which I missed) as I was in Blackpool for the weekend with a Mag mate of mine and his mam and dad. Also remember it as the day/weekend that Jackie Milburn sadly passed away.

I get the impression that a lot of people are asking themselves if they love the club more than they hate Ashley atm. Depriving Ashley of your cash is also depriving the club of your support at games and there's no getting away from that. By harming Ashley in one way you're also harming the club. There's no right or wrong answer to the situation and each person has to weigh up whether they want to continue to go to games or jack it in. Personally I still think I'm still going to go next year but I'd expect quite a proportion to not bother and I'm fine with that. 

I get the impression that a lot of people are asking themselves if they love the club more than they hate Ashley atm. Depriving Ashley of your cash is also depriving the club of your support at games and there's no getting away from that. By harming Ashley in one way you're also harming the club. There's no right or wrong answer to the situation and each person has to weigh up whether they want to continue to go to games or jack it in. Personally I still think I'm still going to go next year but I'd expect quite a proportion to not bother and I'm fine with that. 

Yeah, it's not a situation where it's easy to decide on a position. I hate Ashley, but we can't afford to get relegated and I don't think anything we will realistically do can make him sell any quicker.

I'm not going to be boycotting many games, not whilst I have my season ticket. I will be boycotting this one though as it's on the back of the shocking events of this week. I will be taking banners and voicing my opinions at future home games, and backing the team all the way.

Pardew won't receive any form of vocals from me, not for a long Tim*.

* A long Tim refers to a period of time extending the length of Kruls cock. Let's face it he must have a canny dangler...

What's your point caller? That have having your hands chopped off is better than your whole arms?

that dying of prostate cancer is preferable to dying of lhassa fever.

I believe the issue is that as far as I can judge, giving money to Ashley's business NUFC (whether we like it or not, the legal thing is his) is gonna pretty much guarantee our club being consistently mired in shit, it's reputation taken apart and us supporters just totally shamed if we sit down and take his snide abuse when we don't have to.

I can see that the club would probably, at least in the short term, run up more debt which would look like harm, but to me it would seem to be happening for the greater good in what is a no lose situation. A bit like having to give someone a nasty cut with a knife in order to give them a heart bypass operation.

That said, if anyone is intending on keeping going to matches because they think the club needs their money more than it needs them to stay away, I do respect that - it's dangerous to be throwing around terms like scab without knowing exactly what you're talking about... But I will do the best I can to convince these people that despite their best intentions they're making the wrong call - that they'd be trying to do the right thing the wrong way.

And as I've said elsewhere, tell me I'm wrong if you want but I think it is possible to make these players know they've got the best support around and give them something to play for even while withholding your money. Display the colours, tell anyone in the world who'll listen, and best of all would be to turn up outside the ground on matchdays and stay there for 90 minutes just like normal creating a great atmosphere - would win admiration from outsiders (potential buyers) and show the players that the empty seats aren't because we'd prefer to spend the afternoon gardening.