Nobby Solano

Leazes1986

Carr isn't great, but he's a lot stronger than Nobby.

Carr isn't great? Biggest understatement ever. He is fuckin awful. I'm not trying to be a tit here, but do you go to many matches? He is our worst player nearly every week and he is a liability. He's got absolutely nothing going for him. He's slow and fat. He always gives away stupid free kicks because he can't keep up with his man, and he always points the finger at the younger lads if one of his mitakes cost us.

Carr is by far our worst player,i rather see steve harper as right back then him,today i thought our right side had a bit more compusre in in

"if you put steven in the side of the road,tell him not to cross it,their are too many cars,he will die for sure,and u leave him there,after 3 min u will hear the sound of a car crashing into the bloke"

sums up his whole newcastle career (how,i don't know :D)

I hate Carr with a passion, but it'd be a whole different ball game for Nobby in the Premiership compared to tonight. Not that he wouldn't be able to cope, he might or he might not, but tonight isn't a good guide as to whether he would.

Well if we play Nobby at right back and he has a nightmare, at least we would have tried, and we wouldn't be any worse of than if Carr was there cos we know Carr is gonna have a nightmare anyway.

Yeah, fair enough, I wasn't saying don't, just that him being great tonight doesn't mean he'd be great on Sunday, it'll be a totally different type of game against Portsmouth.

I just think a few people are getting a bit carried away after one performance. He did well in possession, but he wasn't put under any pressure defensively, either on the ground or in the air. Premiership teams work to try and expose full backs at the far post.

I just think a few people are getting a bit carried away after one performance. He did well in possession, but he wasn't put under any pressure defensively, either on the ground or in the air. Premiership teams work to try and expose full backs at the far post.

I just hate Carr so much if a streaker ran on the the pitch and tackled one of their players I would be calling for him to be given a game ahead of Carr if im being honest  :lol:

I said in the first post i wasn't getting carried away with it. The difference is he is disciplined and an EXCELLENT footballer who can cross from deep. Carr is not disciplined and is not a good footballer. Solano isn't ideal at right back but until we get any sort of right back he might be able to do a job there. We could have the chance to find out anyway. You strike me as some sort of Steven Carr fan who wants him in the team but hasn't got an argument to back up the right he has to be in the team.

Like Carr against Bolton you mean, making the worst attempt at a header I have ever seen?

Solano should play, if he's not fit for some reason, then start on the goalkeepers. Failing that, pick a ticket number out of a hat and let a member of the crowd play. Anything not to play that fat waste of oxygen.

I think in the Premiership, Solano would get exposed in the air, if played at right back. He did well tonight, but I wouldn't chance it on Sunday.

And Carr is Sir Les in the air!

Sarcasm at its best :lol:

This thread should change to ..10 reasons why Carr shouldn't play RB

People mention the physical EPL but the only thing Carr does against physical players is give away fouls in dangerous areas!

Would rather play Solano who may get outmuscled put seems a lot inteligent in his positional sense and wouldnt be trying to pull players down every time they ran at him!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carr

No pace

Poor distribution

Petulant

Dosnt even overlap well anymore

Reckless

Nobby

No pace

Excellent distribution

Disciplined

Would compliment Milner v well

Composed

Its a tough one!

People are saying Solano can't play right back because he's not physical enough and not good enough in the air. Well nobody is saying he is great in the air, but neither are any of our current right backs, which is the reason he might be our best bet for now. Carr is no sort of right back. Give him the keys for the tractor and he might be some use then.