Jazz club in Newcaslte

Delima

Can you help me please? :help:

Which pub/bar in Newcastle city centre (I don't mean Byker, Jesmond, Fenham etc) plays Jazz music  :jacko: regularly?

I "know" there is one oppositce the central station which plays Jazz club every Sunday. But I got that information 3 years ago blueno.gif  mental.gif  whistling.gif

Can you help me please? Tell me the pub/bar name, the exact location if you could, and when they play live Jazz. Many Thanks in advance!

There's the Jazz Cafe... I can't remember where it is, but i've been twice and it's mint.. There's also a Salsa bar upstairs, very fond memorys of pulling a lass way out of my league there *sigh*

Where is this Jazz cafe? I would love to spend my night there in the Salsa bar!

That's the one i went to.. It says dance classes upstairs but when i went it was a salsa thing.. The jazz is mint though.. Being a bass player i absolutely loved it.. Great night.. Don't go in a big group either, they probably wont let you in without a student card.

http://www.citikey.com/business/10164050/category/10007/city/Newcastle/current/7/feature/Live+Music/total/9

There's the Jazz Cafe... I can't remember where it is, but i've been twice and it's mint.. There's also a Salsa bar upstairs, very fond memorys of pulling a lass way out of my league there *sigh*

Where is this Jazz cafe? I would love to spend my night there in the Salsa bar!

I just told you...

Down Pink Lane. I've been a few times and always had a good laugh. Some decent bands on, but it depends on when you go. Always some tasty foreign birds knocking about, an all.

Damn right.. Me old bass teacher used to play double bass down there.. it's a good night like... not exactly a lads night out at the local nightclub, but i loved it.. it was £3 IIRC for entrance, a bottle of beer and a hotdog/burger for a snack :lol: good times..

• 5 years later...

it got raided last night in quite comical fashion. you know those cops in action programmes when they use a battering ram type thing to break a door down, two whacks and they're in, well using one of those and a crow bar it took northumbrias finest 20mins to gain entry. true to our regions police forces committment to equal opportunities they let the young WPC do most of the work getting in aswell as her burly colleagues looked on.

it got raided last night in quite comical fashion. you know those cops in action programmes when they use a battering ram type thing to break a door down, two whacks and they're in, well using one of those and a crow bar it took northumbrias finest 20mins to gain entry. true to our regions police forces committment to equal opportunities they let the young WPC do most of the work getting in aswell as her burly colleagues looked on.

Aye I saw that. Was wondering what the fk was going on. Hasnt been open for years has it?