Would this explain some of our late collapses this season?

James

Steven Taylor, eye off the game, looking at Roeder, pleading to be told how much longer left to play. Roeder initially refuses to say anything, but with Taylor still not with the game, Roeder sticks two fingers at him (to signify two minutes, not rude gesture) with an immensely frustrated look on his face.

Are our players mentally turning themselves off towards the end of the game as they think it is just a case of running the clock down?

Steven Taylor, eye off the game, looking at Roeder, pleading to be told how much longer left to play. Roeder initially refuses to say anything, but with Taylor still not with the game, Roeder sticks two fingers at him (to signify two minutes, not rude gesture) with an immensely frustrated look on his face.

Are our players mentally turning themselves off towards the end of the game as they think it is just a case of running the clock down?

It was like "how long till Santa arrives"? :lol:

Just excited as fuk, adrenaline pumping.

You probably missed GR shouting to get Taylors attention before hand.

GR calming him down, reminding him there was time left, no doubt what you saw here imo.

Sorry Wullie, I just dont get why a player needs to know how long there is left to play, every single player should be turned on right until the final whistle. This is no criticism of taylor, I think the same applies for many players in the team.

Sorry Wullie, I just dont get why a player needs to know how long there is left to play, every single player should be turned on right until the final whistle. This is no criticism of taylor, I think the same applies for many players in the team.

Well what happens if we win a corner late on and he decides to go up for it when he doesn't have to, not knowing how long is left and they hit us on the break? Whereas if he knew there were only 2 minutes left, he'd not bother going up and leaving us short at the back.

Game, set & match, Nut.

Like i said, GR probably attracted his attention, its what a manager would do.

Did you see how excited he was? He could hardly breathe.

what? What is the explanation? that we don't know or that we want to know so bad that we stop concentrating?

He was doing it during set-pieces. He should be watching and following his man, not running over towards the dugout and tapping his wrist. It really does make me wonder given the goals we have conceded just before half/full time this season.

Having a scoreboard would be a good idea so that the player would just have to glance up to know what time it was.

what? What is the explanation? that we don't know or that we want to know so bad that we stop concentrating?

He was doing it during set-pieces. He should be watching and following his man, not running over towards the dugout and tapping his wrist. It really does make me wonder given the goals we have conceded just before half/full time this season.

Having a scoreboard would be a good idea so that the player would just have to glance up to know what time it was.

I think you look too hard for answers. The mistakes are just down to poor defending  and a general lack of concentration not because a player has run off to ask Mr Roeder what the time is.

What happened to know more threads T27?

Sorry, this has just been really, really, really bothering me since the end of the match.

You really need to stop being bothered by such quizical things and be more concerned about more important things in life, like changing Metro at Pelaw.