John Carver

Guest neesy111

But the clown in the studio (finishing off your call) still bleated on about us (fans) letting down the players :tickedoff: They did fuck all when we got behind them. They gave us fuck all to shout about. How come we owe them ???

That was Olivier Bernard wasn't it? :lol:

is he employed by them  ;D

It was Olivier Bernard. I can see why he said what he did about the players, but it doesn't stop it form being complete bollocks.

Ollie is chairman/owner of Durham City and also works for Show Racism The Red Card. I'd imagine he'll have press pass for NUFC, too.

I've just seen what Cabella had to say about him

And speaking about Carver to BeIN Sports, Cabella said: “To be honest I get on really well with him (John Carver) even though he didn’t pick me for different reasons. I was meant to play (at Leicester).

And he was respectful to Carver’s decision when reflecting: “It’s his choice. On Thursday I was in the starting line-up and Friday I was out of it. He watches a lot of videos and he obviously changed his mind – that’s his choice.”

Day before the match and Carver is still f***ing around with the team selection. How can you spend all week preparing training and match tactics for a game when you don't even know your starting 11?

Guest firetotheworks

And speaking about Carver to BeIN Sports, Cabella said: “To be honest I get on really well with him (John Carver) even though he didn’t pick me for different reasons. I was meant to play (at Leicester).

And he was respectful to Carver’s decision when reflecting: “It’s his choice. On Thursday I was in the starting line-up and Friday I was out of it. He watches a lot of videos and he obviously changed his mind – that’s his choice.”

Day before the match and Carver is still f***ing around with the team selection. How can you spend all week preparing training and match tactics for a game when you don't even know your starting 11?

When was that on? Is it online? I was interviewed about him outside SJP.

Exactly this. Surely a game plan with Cabella is going to be polar opposite to the team that was put out. It's unbelievable....well, unfortunately totally believable actually.

Well said BigGeordie :thup:

How exactly does Bernard suggest we go about "hurting the owner" and at the same time supporting the players? The only way to get to the fat cunt is by not giving him any more of our money.

Also agree with whoever said that the players didn't give a fuck when we (I say we even though I don't live in the UK and don't attend matches anyway  :coolsmiley:) did go and support them, so why should we keep turning up?

People are so stupid man.

Guest Gino14

There's so many ways Carver could have got us to safety and because he's got the brain of a mouldy cheese sandwich, he's managed to find the only way of getting relegated possible.  After the first three or four defeats in a row, anyone with even a single functioning brain cell would have probably tried to organise the team into a Tony Pulis style all out defence, just to grind out a 0-0 within a few games and stop the rot.  Instead we've tried all bizarre manner of just throwing the players onto the pitch with the instruction to 'put some effort in' and it has backfired spectacularly.

In a lot of ways, nothing going on makes sense, because anyone competent can see all the problems from a mile away.  In other ways, everything makes perfect sense, because we have no one competent left at the club.  We have an insane vindictive tight fisted owner, a moron of a chairman, a manager with a lower IQ than the people Sky interviews to embarass the club and players with less spine than a Jellyfish.  We didn't quite have all those pieces all at once before.  At times we've had a few good players, or a manager that's rubbish, but not quite Carver level.  Now the Jigsaw has slotted together and those few redeeming bits aren't there, even the shitness of the smaller premier league teams isn't enough to save us.  Everything happening now is the culmination of the way the club has been run since Ashley got here.  Ashley has run it close to the line every year and had some flukes that make him think he's invincible.  Now the club is crashing down around him and the sad thing is that he'll barely care.  He'll go and swim in his pool of money like some evil Scrooge McDuck, probably laugh at us and smile about how well his precious Sports Direct is doing.  We've got absolutely no chance with this guy in charge.  We're a tatty off shoot of Sports Direct and no longer a Football club.  He's ripped the heart and soul out of everything.

There's so many ways Carver could have got us to safety and because he's got the brain of a mouldy cheese sandwich, he's managed to find the only way of getting relegated possible.  After the first three or four defeats in a row, anyone with even a single functioning brain cell would have probably tried to organise the team into a Tony Pulis style all out defence, just to grind out a 0-0 within a few games and stop the rot.  Instead we've tried all bizarre manner of just throwing the players onto the pitch with the instruction to 'put some effort in' and it has backfired spectacularly.

Two banks of 4 in defense and midfield would have been the obvious way to go, with Abeid alongside Colback in centre midfield to stiffen us up through the middle and provide some genuine closing down of the opposition. The players to make way should have been nothing attacking players who offer neither assists nor goals. Obertan, Gouffran and Jonas fall into this category. Ryan Taylor should have been used strictly as a shit full back if at all. If you don't have goals in the team the obvious tactic should be to stop them going in.

Guest Gino14

Two banks of 4 in defense and midfield would have been the obvious way to go, with Abeid alongside Colback in centre midfield to stiffen us up through the middle and provide some genuine closing down of the opposition. The players to make way should have been nothing attacking players who offer neither assists nor goals. Obertan, Gouffran and Jonas fall into this category. Ryan Taylor should have been used strictly as a s*** full back if at all. If you don't have goals in the team the obvious tactic should be to stop them going in.

Yep, even a really crappy team can get a 0-0 within 2 or 3 games by sitting deep.  It would even quite suit us with how slow a lot of our current available players are.  I doubt Ryan Taylor wants to play a high line and track people.  Playing full back and sitting deep, his pace wouldn't be such an issue.  Even our wobbly sackless central defence wouldn't shake quite so much with protection from two defensive midfield players.  It could have been grim to watch, but when you're losing game after game by 2 or 3 goals, you have to find ways of getting a result, especially when one or two more points sees you safe.  Now of course, it's actually a bit late to use that approach, because we really badly need a win.  We had plenty of games left before though and never once have we looked organised enough to grind out a result.  I don't think that Carver could organise Alphabet Soup into order though and so we've never had the chance of doing that.

Two banks of 4 in defense and midfield would have been the obvious way to go, with Abeid alongside Colback in centre midfield to stiffen us up through the middle and provide some genuine closing down of the opposition. The players to make way should have been nothing attacking players who offer neither assists nor goals. Obertan, Gouffran and Jonas fall into this category. Ryan Taylor should have been used strictly as a s*** full back if at all. If you don't have goals in the team the obvious tactic should be to stop them going in.

Yep, even a really crappy team can get a 0-0 within 2 or 3 games by sitting deep.  It would even quite suit us with how slow a lot of our current available players are.  I doubt Ryan Taylor wants to play a high line and track people.  Playing full back and sitting deep, his pace wouldn't be such an issue.  Even our wobbly sackless central defence wouldn't shake quite so much with protection from two defensive midfield players.  It could have been grim to watch, but when you're losing game after game by 2 or 3 goals, you have to find ways of getting a result, especially when one or two more points sees you safe.  Now of course, it's actually a bit late to use that approach, because we really badly need a win.  We had plenty of games left before though and never once have we looked organised enough to grind out a result.  I don't think that Carver could organise Alphabet Soup into order though and so we've never had the chance of doing that.

Not once. Organisation is a valuable skill and utility. We have none. Then going forward? We are going to lose 11 on the spin.

Guest Gino14

Carver doesn't have a single clue.

I've heard of keeping a narrow shape but his idea of narrow is ridiculous. Our pressing is consistently a joke. We can't mark from set-pieces. Can't even take a kick-off. This is Sunday league stuff.

This is what's laughable about everything in the media now.  We're getting told the fans are to blame, the fans wanted Pardew out, the fans haven't got behind Carver.  It's so backwards it's untrue.  Every fan you could ever speak to knew that Carver was a relegation risk, even with the points tally he inherited.  It's not like we all didn't see this coming.  The only people who thought Carver was the right man, were journalists, pundits and the people running our shell of a club.  I've never spoken to a fan yet who thought it was a good idea.  Toronto and Leeds fans popping up with opinions on comments sections saying things like "We warned you he was rubbish" as if we didn't already know.

If instead of blaming the fans, the club had actually listened, we'd have Garde or someone of his ilk in charge.  We'd also have a couple more players in key positions, with Santon and Yanga Mbiwa still in the squad.  That would all have been achieved with about 25m still in the bank.  If those things had been done, as every single fan insisted they should have been, we'd have been closer to someone like Swansea now than we would relegation.  Appointing Carver is up there with the most idiotic decisions ever made in Football.  It's a decision made in contempt and hubris, by men who think they're so far above us they believe they're looking down on us from space.

Another great quote by The Secret Footballer that perfectly illustrates our current predicament with this massive t*** in charge:

If, as a player, you have no clear instructions when taking to the pitch, then it is extremely difficult to make decisions with and without the ball. To my mind, that has led to a lack of effort, not necessarily because the players are lazy – though I’m sure one or two are – but because they simply don’t know what they are supposed to be doing, so they simply do nothing.

He was talking about QPR under 'Arry but it couldn't be more true for us right now

Carver doesn't have a single clue.

I've heard of keeping a narrow shape but his idea of narrow is ridiculous. Our pressing is consistently a joke. We can't mark from set-pieces. Can't even take a kick-off. This is Sunday league stuff.

This is what's laughable about everything in the media now.  We're getting told the fans are to blame, the fans wanted Pardew out, the fans haven't got behind Carver.  It's so backwards it's untrue.  Every fan you could ever speak to knew that Carver was a relegation risk, even with the points tally he inherited.  It's not like we all didn't see this coming.  The only people who thought Carver was the right man, were journalists, pundits and the people running our shell of a club.  I've never spoken to a fan yet who thought it was a good idea.  Toronto and Leeds fans popping up with opinions on comments sections saying things like "We warned you he was rubbish" as if we didn't already know.

If instead of blaming the fans, the club had actually listened, we'd have Garde or someone of his ilk in charge.  We'd also have a couple more players in key positions, with Santon and Yanga Mbiwa still in the squad.  That would all have been achieved with about 25m still in the bank.  If those things had been done, as every single fan insisted they should have been, we'd have been closer to someone like Swansea now than we would relegation.  Appointing Carver is up there with the most idiotic decisions ever made in Football.  It's a decision made in contempt and hubris, by men who think they're so far above us they believe they're looking down on us from space.

I think you've taken general consensus on here as what the "fans" want. IMO the fans wanted a professional football club manager who could take the team forward. Nobody thought Carver would be that man. Same with the transfers. Neither MYM or Santon set the world on fire but we expect first team players to be replaced... with first team players. Either keep them, or replace them properly. We did neither. Even if we just spent the modest fees we received we would be in much better shape.

Another great quote by The Secret Footballer that perfectly illustrates our current predicament with this massive t*** in charge:

If, as a player, you have no clear instructions when taking to the pitch, then it is extremely difficult to make decisions with and without the ball. To my mind, that has led to a lack of effort, not necessarily because the players are lazy – though I’m sure one or two are – but because they simply don’t know what they are supposed to be doing, so they simply do nothing.

He was talking about QPR under 'Arry but it couldn't be more true for us right now

Definitely, we haven't looked like we've had a functioning game plan for about 5 years. If not longer.