Finally about to go to St James' :) seating question

Threelegs

Hey guys, I'm got my accom and train booked to be in Newcastle for 10 days during the time the bolton game is on. Where do u recommend I sit, (for a non member, and not ridiculosuly expensive) . From looking at the website I think I can buy tickets on the 3rd of feb. Also has anyone done the tour? It looks good and I'll probably do that too. The only one I've done before is the nou camp, which was amazing, but I'd rather see where ameobi gets changed than trophy after trophy!

Cheers!

Gallowgate. Lower down, either side of the goal. Loved my time there. L7 is meant to be good craic but if it's your first time you might want to be closer to the pitch.

This really. I sit in L7, which is quality, but Gallowgate is good as well. Pretty sure L7 is still members only anyway isn't it?

The tour's really good aswell good knowledgeable guides.

Do you know when they have the tours? Do you just have to wait until there is enough people, or do they have something like 3 tours a day?

I think all the info's here http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Club/StJamesPark/StadiumTours but i think they're at allocated times because i tried to go on one last saturday and was told the last one was at 1.30.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hey guys, I'm got my accom and train booked to be in Newcastle for 10 days during the time the bolton game is on. Where do u recommend I sit, (for a non member, and not ridiculosuly expensive) . From looking at the website I think I can buy tickets on the 3rd of feb. Also has anyone done the tour? It looks good and I'll probably do that too. The only one I've done before is the nou camp, which was amazing, but I'd rather see where ameobi gets changed than trophy after trophy!

Cheers!

The tour has always been good when I've done it

Agreed on gallowgate. Not too low down though, my old seat was in row AA, fantastic for shouting at players but shite for seeing down the other end. And trying to work out what was happening tactically was pointless.

Agreed on gallowgate. Not too low down though, my old seat was in row AA, fantastic for shouting at players but s**** for seeing down the other end. And trying to work out what was happening tactically was pointless.

Mine was in DD. Felt good being 5 feet abreast of the opposing players shouting shit as they took corners

Agree with Gallowgate, but i'd go for the 'top' of the lower tier. Henke's right, it's difficult to get a proper idea of what's going on at the other end when you're really low down.

When it's your first time you won't really give a s*** about tactics and the bigger picture. I spent most of my first game looking around the stadium in awe and joining in the songs. Didn't really give 2 shits about the match :lol: until the 2nd half of course when we were attacking down our end, and it was all jam packed action n s***. Shola hattrick that day  :smitten:

Agree with Gallowgate, but i'd go for the 'top' of the lower tier. Henke's right, it's difficult to get a proper idea of what's going on at the other end when you're really low down.

When it's your first time you won't really give a s*** about tactics and the bigger picture. I spent most of my first game looking around the stadium in awe and joining in the songs. Didn't really give 2 shits about the match :lol: until the 2nd half of course when we were attacking down our end, and it was all jam packed action n s***. Shola hattrick that day  :smitten:

I'm not so much on about tactics, rather having a perspective of what's actually happening at the other end. Being another 20 rows up doesn't diminish any of the stadium views. The Gallowgate's awesome wherever (and, tbh, i don't think there's a bad seat in the ground) - but i'd always prefer to be a bit further up.