Toon fans to get a black and white scarf on Sunday!!!

Guest the_guv_nor

Guest smoggeordie

Good PR stunt from Freddie you have to hand him that. Knowing crowds have dipped slightly, chances are the scalves will help create a good atmosphere...and live on Sky.

This

Guest Gemmill

Someone pick up one for me?

Go to the game you loser!  bluebigrazz.gif

Everyone that attends this weekend should photograph their scarf and put it up as their avatar.  It'll make it easier for me to disregard out of hand the opinion of any non-attenders.

Guest smoggeordie

Go to the game you loser!  bluebigrazz.gif

Everyone that attends this weekend should photograph their scarf and put it up as their avatar.  It'll make it easier for me to disregard out of hand the opinion of any non-attenders.

:lol:

Go to the game you loser!   bluebigrazz.gif

Part-timers like me can then lord it over the others.

Guest smoggeordie

Good PR stunt from Freddie you have to hand him that. Knowing crowds have dipped slightly, chances are the scalves will help create a good atmosphere...and live on Sky.

This

You what?  :lol:

It means I agree with you.

This

Could you repeat that one more time?

Doesn't happen often.  tongue.gif

Guest smoggeordie

This

Could you repeat that one more time?

Doesn't happen often.  tongue.gif

;)

The scarves have got a big Toon crest, Northern Rock and Adidas logos on them. Not like Freddy at all to get a bit of sponsorship dosh on them ;)

Go to the game you loser! bluebigrazz.gif

Everyone that attends this weekend should photograph their scarf and put it up as their avatar. It'll make it easier for me to disregard out of hand the opinion of any non-attenders.

I would, but I can't really afford to. Went to the last home game and left feeling pretty disappointed.

:banana:

ps Always remember to bring ya scarves to every home game!

even in May?

especially in May!! so that when we book 4th spot on the last home game of the season people will see your scarf and know you were there during the tough times this season!!

Guest Gemmill

Go to the game you loser! bluebigrazz.gif

Everyone that attends this weekend should photograph their scarf and put it up as their avatar. It'll make it easier for me to disregard out of hand the opinion of any non-attenders.

I would, but I can't really afford to. Went to the last home game and left feeling pretty disappointed.

:lol:  Welcome to being a Newcastle fan!  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest eyeball_tickler

its just a cheap publicity stunt. he would never give them out for a non televised match.

the scarves are shit too, they look like a market job.

ST. James' Park is set to become a sea of black and white on Sunday with fans being handed scarves as they arrive at the stadium for the game with Portsmouth.

The Toon Army created some unforgettable scenes back in May with a stunning show of support at Alan Shearer's testimonial, and the club are delighted to announce that they will be repeating the gesture of handing out scarves at the weekend.

The scarves are being delivered to St. James' Park on Friday, and supporters will be given them as they come through the turnstiles prior to Sunday's 1.30pm kick off.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd said: "The scenes at Alan Shearer's testimonial game were unforgettable, and we would love to recreate that on Sunday at the Portsmouth game.

"We had hoped to repeat the exercise at a home game earlier in the season, but due to circumstances beyond our control and the quality of the products we were supplied with, we had to cancel those plans.

"We have seen the scarves that are being delivered to us, and they are of the quality that our supporters deserve and with the game being on Sky it's a great opportunity for our fans to show a national audience that they are the best in the business."

Magpies defender Steven Taylor, pictured with a group of fans at the stadium on Friday afternoon, added: "It is a great idea, and it generated a brilliant atmosphere in Alan's game last season.

"The lads all commented on how good it looked when the fans were waving the scarves about.

"We saw the fans had scarves in the away game at Manchester City the other week, and it was a great sight to see them all held above their heads.

"It would be fantastic if we could see that at a full house on Sunday!"

Guest Bramble OG

its just a cheap publicity stunt. he would never give them out for a non televised match.

Dont pick one up on the way in then...simple!

Can't go this weekend but I gain superfan status for having 2 Shearer scarfs. One from the day itself and one ridiculously small one from the Man City game. ;)

Having 3 scarfs would just be silly. :D

Guest eyeball_tickler

Dont pick one up on the way in then...simple!

i have 2 already.