Team for Portsmouth

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

...................................Given...................................

Nobby..........Taylor....................Bramble....................Ramage

Milner.........Parker....................Dyer...........................Zog

........................Sibierski...................................................

..............................................Martins.......................................

subs

Harper

Emre

Luque

Butt- Unlucky

Huntington- but it will be Carr

Milner.........Parker....................Dyer...........................Zog

........................Sibierski...................................................

..............................................Martins.......................................

subs

Harper

Emre

Luque

Butt- Unlucky

Huntington- but it will be Carr

I agree with that, man for man.

Milner.........Parker....................Butt...........................Luque

........................Dyer...................................................

subs

Pavel (harper is injured, right?)

Emre

Zoggy

Sibi

Huntington

Given

Nobby Taylor Bramble Ramage

Zoggy Parker Emre O'Brien

Martins Dyer

I hate Milner with a passion, even after THAT cross :p As I said in the other thread, feel bad for Sib, but he doesn't offer as much as Dyer and Martins. IMO, Martins BIG break for us is close and I want him playing as much as possible.

Given

Martins Dyer

I hate Milner with a passion, even after THAT cross :p As I said in the other thread, feel bad for Sib, but he doesn't offer as much as Dyer and Martins. IMO, Martins BIG break for us is close and I want him playing as much as possible.

Im sorry but you chat so much shit its unreal, to play O'Brien ahead of Milner when you have probably seen O'Brien about twice sums you up!

I'd go with Emre & Butt in the middle. Parker's our best player, but they are the better pairing imo. Link with each other brilliantly.

Agreed Butt gives the midfield that balance, but he'll go for Emre/Parker

Given

Martins Dyer

Im sorry but you chat so much shit its unreal, to play O'Brien ahead of Milner when you have probably seen O'Brien about twice sums you up!

Seen enough of Milner though. You can argue that he put in a good cross today how much you want, but he is still a terrible player. I would much rather give young (I know, Milner is young too) O'Brien a go than having to watch Milner again.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If anyone is going to miss out it will be Sibierski. I personally think he should play as he links up well and would sit in for Dyer should he bomb on from the middle of the park. However, Roeder will probably go:

Parker..........................Butt

...........Dyer...................

.....................Martins

instead of what i think he sould do:

Parker...................Dyer

..........Sib...................

.................Martins...........

Sib offers us an aerial threat we wont have should he start with a Dyer/Martins combination

If anyone is going to miss out it will be Sibierski. I personally think he should play as he links up well and would sit in for Dyer should he bomb on from the middle of the park. However, Roeder will probably go:

Parker..........................Butt

...........Dyer...................

.....................Martins

instead of what i think he sould do:

Parker...................Dyer

..........Sib...................

.................Martins...........

Sib offers us an aerial threat we wont have should he start with a Dyer/Martins combination

I'm quite sure Emre will play...

Given

Martins Dyer

Seen enough of Milner though. You can argue that he put in a good cross today how much you want, but he is still a terrible player. I would much rather give young (I know, Milner is young too) O'Brien a go than having to watch Milner again.

I believe O'Brien is actually older. Fact is Milner has one average to poor season with us, then went to Villa had an excellent season, has come back and has been a bit hit and miss but its arguable he has had more good games than the seemingly undroppable (in the fans eyes) Charles N'Zogbia.

To claim he is a terrible player to me means you must have missed the good performances he has put in for us this season and pre-season (which there have been a few) and didnt see a single Villa game he played in last season!

Given

Martins Dyer

I believe O'Brien is actually older. Fact is Milner has one average to poor season with us, then went to Villa had an excellent season, has come back and has been a bit hit and miss but its arguable he has had more good games than the seemingly undroppable (in the fans eyes) Charles N'Zogbia.

To claim he is a terrible player to me means you must have missed the good performances he has put in for us this season and pre-season (which there have been a few) and didnt see a single Villa game he played in last season!

I don't actually think he did have an excellent season with Villa last season, though I didn't follow them closely. The games I saw, he was slightly better than now, but nothing speciall. Though I don't base my oppions on him at all from last season, it's all down to what he's done this season, and I have seen most games (missed out two or three). And what I've seen is terrible. No player (not even Parker, Baggio!!) loses the ball as much as he do and his crosses is the worst I've ever seen. He does work very hard though, but as someone has said a few times in the Luque thread, we don't need 11 Scott Parkers.

Though, perhaps it would be smarter to play him at RB and Nobby RW if O'Brien isn't up to it, because, I really don't know if he is or not.

I wasn't actually arguing that we should play O'Brien because he's young, just saying that he is, have to admit it perhaps was stupid to wright as it was due to be misinterperated.

Guest TheOrder

Given

Martins Dyer

Do you smoke crack by any chance?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Given

Martins Dyer

No hes been reading Graeme Souness's 'What to look for in a player' book

Given

Martins Dyer

He rates Carr, does that answer your question?

Given

Solano Taylor Bramble Ramage

Milner Dyer Emre N'zogbia

Siberski Martins

Given

Martins Dyer

Isn't O'Brien older than milner?

Wow, three very nice posts about me in a row, all three wich were not relevant. Good job lads!

To answer your replies:

NewcastleRocker: No

sicko2ndbest: No, I haven't and I hate Souness as much as anyone

Scy: How many times have I said that I don't rate Carr as good enough for us, but that he is by far not our worst player?