Team for Portsmouth

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hes never going to move on in January and we couldnt afford to let him go anyway with the size of our squad. I find it really strange how people are slating him so much. The whole team hasnt been performing but i think he was superb last season.

Given

Solano, Taylor, Bramble, Ramage

Milner, Parker, Emre, N'Zogbia

Martin, Dyer

Same, apart from change Zog for Luque, maybe a few games will boost his confidence. Cant see him being given the time though.

Hes never going to move on in January and we couldnt afford to let him go anyway with the size of our squad. I find it really strange how people are slating him so much. The whole team hasnt been performing but i think he was superb last season.

Who else is slating him? Thought it was only me and Cobh.

Anyway, he wasn't superb last season. He's never been superb at any time in his career. One decent season at Charlton and that's the sum of it.

Quite a few still going with the shite combo of Parker/Emre.....  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Guest jda2006

I would like to see

GK Given

RB Solano

LB Ramage

CB Taylor

CB Bramble

DM Butt

CM Parker

CM Emre

RWF Dyer

LWF Luque

CF Martins

given our negativity at the moment I could see this turning into a 4-5-1 but I think it would also give Dyer and Luque more freedom going forward.

Things didn't go well for Luque last night but the only way for him to improve is with games, N'Zogbia wasn't that impressive last night but it would be harsh on Sibs who has done nothing wrong. But I do think the only chance we have of getting any kind of form out of Luque is by giving him minutes on the pitch. However it is very likely that he will not even be in the squad.

Same here agreee

Guest jda2006

Given

Solono    Taylor  Ramage  Nzogbia

Parker

Milner      Dyer    Emre        Luque

Martins

Who else is slating him? Thought it was only me and Cobh.

Anyway, he wasn't superb last season. He's never been superb at any time in his career. One decent season at Charlton and that's the sum of it.

Quite a few still going with the shite combo of Parker/Emre..... bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

I havent really been payin attention to who actually has been slating him, but have just noticed a lot of criticism headed his way. I thought he was superb last season, but hey if we didnt have opinions there wouldnt be a forum!

The two holding midfielders is a good idea, but they need a good range of passing, which again is something Parker lacks totally.

Notice he dosen't say anything about Butt's shite passing.

I was actually gonna say how awful Butt's passing is. Its woeful at best.

With Parker i think you either love him or hate him. The people who hate him will not give him any credit whatsoever. When he has a great game, and MacDoland has no chance of saying anything bad about him, he will keep his mouth shut rather than give him credit. He was fucking loving it when Parker had that incident with a few fans the other week. Personally Parker is my favourite player and i think he is superb. I'm can't be arsed with an argument about it, because these debates come up all of the time but he is definitely my favourite player. I think 95% of toon fans love him.

The two holding midfielders is a good idea, but they need a good range of passing, which again is something Parker lacks totally.

With Parker i think you either love him or hate him. The people who hate him will not give him any credit whatsoever. When he has a great game, and MacDoland has no chance of saying anything bad about him, he will keep his mouth shut rather than give him credit. He was ****ing loving it when Parker had that incident with a few fans the other week. Personally Parker is my favourite player and i think he is superb. I'm can't be arsed with an argument about it, because these debates come up all of the time but he is definitely my favourite player. I think 95% of toon fans love him.

Im a big fan of Parker, although I think butts passing is actually quite good, sprays the ball around quite well (obv when on form).

With Parker i think you either love him or hate him. The people who hate him will not give him any credit whatsoever. When he has a great game, and MacDoland has no chance of saying anything bad about him, he will keep his mouth shut rather than give him credit. He was ****ing loving it when Parker had that incident with a few fans the other week. Personally Parker is my favourite player and i think he is superb. I'm can't be arsed with an argument about it, because these debates come up all of the time but he is definitely my favourite player. I think 95% of toon fans love him.

Thought maybe I should mention I don't hate him. I don't know him.  Unlilke you I have no favourites, I just want the team to do well and the team does better without Parker. Little kids have favourite players ahead of the team.

My position is that I don't think he's anywhere near as good as some make him out to be.

Is that ok, like? Hatred doesn't come into it.

Guest Geordie Dancer

I'd play:

Given

Nobby          Taylor            Bramble            Ramage

Milner          Emre            Parker                Zog

Dyer

Martins

Unfortnately, even though Solano and Milner were our best playes last night, and worked well down the right, imo, I think Roeder will destroy that partnership, and play Carr  :wullie: at RB, and Nobby MR.

Some people quite clearly despise him though. You don't have to be a kid to have your favourites. I certainly never regarded Dyer in the way i regarded Shearer.

True, but it's obvious that some people aren't looking at performances, they have their favourite(s) and want them in the team no matter what the evidence.

I don't know anyone who despises Parker, tbh.

Some people quite clearly despise him though. You don't have to be a kid to have your favourites. I certainly never regarded Dyer in the way i regarded Shearer.

Dyer was always my favourite player!!! brave/ stupid admitting that on here!

True, but it's obvious that some people aren't looking at performances, they have their favourite(s) and want them in the team no matter what the evidence.

I don't know anyone who despises Parker, tbh.

The reason Parker became my favourite was because of his performances though. I don't think we would have done any better in the Premiership if Butt had been in the team instead of Parker. Our problem has been scoring goals, and Butt wouldn't have made that change. Our problem has been our lack of firepower up front, and i fail to see how people don't recognise that. Parker will get you more goals than Butt and Emre put together in a season if he is playing in the role he has played where he is making runs into the box. And anyone can bump this thread at the end of the season if they want. If Parker, Emre and Butt continue to play the amount of games they are playing at the minute, then i bet he scores more goals than both of them. Emre looks great on the eye, but he is never gonna score goals, and he doesn't seem to contribute much else. Parker definitely has a few more goals in him, and if he had someone like Kevin Nolan alongside him then i think everyone would see what a good player he really is.

My first post here.

I've been supporting this club since 1994

Have been folowing this forum since last season

I'm sorry for my english. (Native Indonesian)

My teams :

Martins

Dyer

Zog    Emre          Millner

Parker/Butt

Ramage Shambles Taylor Solano

Given

or ===========================================

Martins

Luque

Dyer

Zog/emre              Millner

Parker/Butt

Ramage Shambles Taylor Solano

Given

This is a must win game so we need 2 outright strikers and a midfield that isnt afriad to push up and support them.  Counter-attacking is also a possibility but it depends on the starting line up (the wingers must attack).

My team would be:

Given

Solano    Tails    Bramble    Ramage

Milner    Parker    Emre      Luque

Dyer

Martins

Luque is included because the Zog had an absolute nightmare on thursday night and the fact that if we play him, he is seen on tv therefore increasing his chances of gettin out of NUFC (or eventually proving us wrong + staying).  And Carr doesnt start!

If we play like we did the other night, portsmouth will go for the draw and get a flucky goal - its happenend too many times before.  Positive thinking and a good work effort and we shouldnt come away disappointed.

My team to attack and entertain

Given

Solano Bramble Taylor Ramage

Dyer  Parker  Emre

Milner        Martins       Luque

That looks very interesting, would be nice to see, as when we have to defend we could easily switch to a 5 man mid-field!