West Brom sack Di Matteo; appoint Woy

ponsaelius

Hughton to send us down with WBA.. woop woop!

Be suprised if he ends up with the job like. As Tron asks, is he really a better manager than Di Matteo?

Bit like sacking Hughton and replacing him with Pardew tbh. Strange one. Hodgson is obviously not interested and Jol and O'Neill are out of reach price wise. Fat Sam would be the most likely bet although I am sure he thinks he is way above them.

Guest Stephen927

If we were further away from WBA, I'd wish him luck, but Newcastle > any individual. Hope he does a terrible job but has a fantastic season in the Championship next year.

If we were further away from WBA, I'd wish him luck, but Newcastle > any individual. Hope he does a terrible job but has a fantastic season in the Championship next year.

If we do our job the coming matches, WBA's result shouldn't matter. I will find it hard to be against Chris. He's the most lovable manager we've had, together with Sir Bobby. A true gentleman. I hope we secure our place as quickly as possible, so I can cheer on him

Hughton to send us down with WBA.. woop woop!

Be suprised if he ends up with the job like. As Tron asks, is he really a better manager than Di Matteo?

Bit like sacking Hughton and replacing him with Pardew tbh. Strange one. Hodgson is obviously not interested and Jol and O'Neill are out of reach price wise. Fat Sam would be the most likely bet although I am sure he thinks he is way above them.

WBA have a director of football, so the job is chief coach not manager. No established manager is going to take it on.

Guest jonlane86

Can't believe the amount of you saying they'll go down if Chris takes the job - the same lot of you who were no doubt singing the FCB chants when he got the sack, and the same who were singing '1 Chris Hughton' on Saturday.  Good luck to him if he gets it and as long as it's not to the detriment of us, I hope that he keeps them up.

Guest guinness_fiend

Can't believe them West Brom twats are turning their nose up at Hughton.

Why?  It'd be largely replacing like with like.  They're not poles apart, notwithstanding the fact that Hughton arguably inherited better players.  I can understand their plight - they want an established manager with gravitas who will keep them up.  Hughton could have that, but he is still an unknown quantity.

Many have doubted Hughton's pedigree.  Personally, I think he'll do very well as a manager given time.  However, time is exactly what West Brom don't have at the moment.  They need an impact manager and quickly.

Although, I hope that they don't get an impact manager and go down, as the West Brom fans I know spent most of last season mocking the Toon.  Fucktards.

There's no chance Hughton will keep them up, I can understand why they're edgy about wanting him.

They need to be safe before they bring in a manager like Hughton. He'll need time, and a chance to get a better squad.

There's no chance Hughton will keep them up, I can understand why they're edgy about wanting him.

They need to be safe before they bring in a manager like Hughton. He'll need time, and a chance to get a better squad.

I agree they need a fire fighter, not a fire prevention officer.

:lol: Poor Chris! Horrible assessment of his ability.

:lol: That's brilliant.

:lol: Poor Chris! Horrible assessment of his ability.

I love CH for what he did for us but I think thats pretty spot on. He'll not do much ST but LT with his methods he'd do ok but WBA need a ST boost.