would you want to be a Premiership footballer?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

Yep. Getting mental money for playing a game, something which you love. How can that be a bad thing?

would you want to be Bellamy, Gazza, Bramble?

get boo'd by your so called 'fans'

get followed by the press?

possibly get injured and retire at 23?

spend your life playing for Blackburn?

have your bird threatened by gangsters because you want to change jobs?

Guest Invicta_Toon

fair enough, if no-ones got the capacity to think about the question, not my problem  bluewink.gif

I'm just here to find that out

Yep. Getting mental money for playing a game, something which you love. How can that be a bad thing?

would you want to be Bellamy, Gazza, Bramble? First two are wankers, Bramble is shit. You never asked if I wanted to be a wanker or shit.

get boo'd by your so called 'fans' Comes with the territory.

get followed by the press? Not if you're not an idiot you're not.

possibly get injured and retire at 23? Could happen in any walk of life tbh. At least if I had been a pro I could retire.

spend your life playing for Blackburn? And what's wrong with Blackburn?

have your bird threatened by gangsters because you want to change jobs? Folklore.

would you want to be Bellamy, Gazza, Bramble?

get boo'd by your so called 'fans'

get followed by the press?

possibly get injured and retire at 23?

spend your life playing for Blackburn?

have your bird threatened by gangsters because you want to change jobs?

I would like to be a player dyer. Sitting on the best seats in the stadium, getting paid to watch footy and drink alcohol. Whenever I like to, I get to run out and play football infront of 52.000 fans who screems my name and hope i'll stay injury free. When I have played 15-20 min im tired and need to rest and just say im injured and get a holiday for 2 months again.  Getting 60k+ a week for doing nothing, that must be great eh ? :winking:

Guest Gemmill

Would you rather:

...work for 15 years and retire in your mid-30s with a few million quid in the bank?

...work for 40 years and retire in your 60s on a state pension?

I won't be able to sleep agonising over this one, Vic.  bluebigrazz.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

Would you rather:

...work for 15 years and retire in your mid-30s with a few million quid in the bank?

well, you already possess most of Bramble's qualities so I don't think it would much of a hardship for you to change

With the money professional footballers get these days you'd be a fool not to want to be one.

Even players like Carl Finnigan ,who's never played for the Newcastle first team, still earn more than £100,000-a-year which by any standards is very good.

Guest Gemmill

Would you rather:

well, you already possess most of Bramble's qualities so I don't think it would much of a hardship for you to change

Yeah, that was a good comeback. bluebigrazz.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

With the money professional footballers get these days you'd be a fool not to want to be one.

Even players like Carl Finnigan ,who's never played for the Newcastle first team, still earn more than £100,000-a-year which by any standards is very good.

not if you figure how long he will earn that, and when he started earning that

what's he gonna do after 30 if he even gets that far?

Considering he's getting £100,000-a-year without a university degree its still very good. Even after you finish football you can still live fairly comfortably of your football earnings. Say Finnigan gets £100,000 for 4 years, that's £400,000. You can live a fairly confortably for probobly 15 years on that. Sure, you wont get your Lamborghini on that kind of money but it still gives you a fairly comfy life.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Considering he's getting £100,000-a-year without a university degree its still very good. Even after you finish football you can still live fairly comfortably of your football earnings. Say Finnigan gets £100,000 for 4 years, that's £400,000. You can live a fairly confortably for probobly 15 years on that. Sure, you wont get your Lamborghini on that kind of money but it still gives you a fairly comfy life.

so he lives comfortably till he's 45 at most, then what?

so he lives comfortably till he's 45 at most, then what?

By that time most footballers who don't earn big money usually retrain at college or uni and then get another job.