Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

March 4th, New York, eh? Hmmmm. I may just attempt to make it from Toronto, will probably drive down on Friday if the weather is nice. Will have to see how work is, though, that weekend.

Also, saw a chap wearing a toon scarf on the Dundas subway platform after the Man U game, by any chance, was it someone off here? (Gosh, this sounds like a Lonely Hearts ad).

Guest toonarmymia

March 4th, New York, eh? Hmmmm. I may just attempt to make it from Toronto, will probably drive down on Friday if the weather is nice. Will have to see how work is, though, that weekend.

Also, saw a chap wearing a toon scarf on the Dundas subway platform after the Man U game, by any chance, was it someone off here? (Gosh, this sounds like a Lonely Hearts ad).

*stolen glance across the subway platform*

*hopes it was newcastle scarf and not Juventus*

Toonarmymia: Any NUFC gatherings going on in South Florida? I watch every match by myself and I really miss whining about Ameobi's non-existant work morale over some beers with fellow Magpies :)

Guest toonarmymia

Toonarmymia: Any NUFC gatherings going on in South Florida? I watch every match by myself and I really miss whining about Ameobi's non-existant work morale over some beers with fellow Magpies :)

dino; where in south florida are you / closest too? be happy to hook you up with a group/people

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I live right by that station.

Where, the Imperial Pub?

http://www.imperialpub.com/prerolled.JPG

:lol: O0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just heard that Liverpool are expected to play against Toronto FC in July and it got me wondering if there are any rumours regarding NUFC's summer plans. Has anyone heard anything about whether or not they plan to return to North America this summer?

Just heard that Liverpool are expected to play against Toronto FC in July and it got me wondering if there are any rumours regarding NUFC's summer plans. Has anyone heard anything about whether or not they plan to return to North America this summer?

Love us to play Vancouver given the Beardo/Sir Bobby ties. I would drive the necessary hours to get there too!

After last summer's US tour, probably not!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I seem to remember it being an overall bad experience for them.

Injuries and Barton's ban were not ideal, but if the objective of pre-season is to prepare a team that hits the ground running when the season kicks off then it can't have been a total failure?