Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

14 hours ago, Miercoles said:

On, which does make things a bit easier.

Make sure you have park reservations for each park day. and make sure you have the My Disney Experience app.

Staying onsite you get 30 minute early entry to each park, and transportation will start an hour before park entry.  You'll probably want to be in line for transportation at least 30 minutes before it starts, if you want to be towards the front of the crowd at park open.  So if for example MK opens at 830 for early entry, you probably need to be at the buses by 7, if you want to be towards the front (depending on where you are staying).

6 hours ago, bobloblaw said:

Make sure you have park reservations for each park day. and make sure you have the My Disney Experience app.

Staying onsite you get 30 minute early entry to each park, and transportation will start an hour before park entry.  You'll probably want to be in line for transportation at least 30 minutes before it starts, if you want to be towards the front of the crowd at park open.  So if for example MK opens at 830 for early entry, you probably need to be at the buses by 7, if you want to be towards the front (depending on where you are staying).

This man knows. 

On 17/10/2022 at 12:11, leffe186 said:

You’re welcome to come to the Missing Falls Brewery in Akron for a game.

Just took a look at this spot since someone was asking where to watch a match in Akron and man, there are some serious thin blue lines vibes going on in the photos. What's it actually like in there? :lol:

3 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Just took a look at this spot since someone was asking where to watch a match in Akron and man, there are some serious thin blue lines vibes going on in the photos. What's it actually like in there? :lol:

Really? I missed that! It’s OK. There’s another micro right next door, which is nice.

There are plenty better places around Summit County for beer, just the Spurs fan club is at that one. I think the US men’s supporters (name escapes

me temporarily) meet at the Winking Lizard in Peninsula. That’s a nice location for a drink.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Really? I missed that! It’s OK. There’s another micro right next door, which is nice.

There are plenty better places around Summit County for beer, just the Spurs fan club is at that one. I think the US men’s supporters (name escapes

me temporarily) meet at the Winking Lizard in Peninsula. That’s a nice location for a drink.

I was going to ask if R. Shea was better or not!

You think they’ll be open early enough?

14 hours ago, leffe186 said:

They only open early for the Spurs matches I think. Which game is he looking to watch? 

He’s a Newcastle supporter. Looking for a place for this weekend and he’s about halfway between Akron and Cleveland apparently. 

56 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

He’s a Newcastle supporter. Looking for a place for this weekend and he’s about halfway between Akron and Cleveland apparently. 

Must be pretty close to me. I’ll ask around. First place I’d try would be the Winking Lizard in Peninsula I think.

No worries! Nice to hear there’s a mate of yours in the area.

Note that the Missing Falls will definitely open early for the Spurs game at 10. Chances are they’d be able to put the Newcastle game on a TV, I just wouldn’t guarantee it.

Edited by leffe186

I know it's immense for us UK Toon fans to have a club emerge from obscurity, having won fuck all for 50 years, and find ourselves in the mix but it must be nice for our overseas supporters to be "those guys". Stuck with us through thin and thin.

Playing very watchable football as an added bonus

Sooner or later The Missing Falls will open early for NUFC games as well. Fuck Spurs 😂😂😂😂

Edited by Groundhog63

Well a little update for everyone who gave me Disney advice, we're two parks in and it's going pretty well. Our passes got all fucked up to the point where it's with high level IT and nobody can figure it out lol so we're just getting comps each morning at the parks, however on the plus side the two year old is such a wild card we're not going on a ton of rides anyway [emoji38]

It's still been fun as fuck though, and the bairn hasn't even seen her favorite characters yet, but she is still loving every minute. I wasn't much into Disney on my own but seeing it through her eyes is really fun.

In parenting news we have been fighting god's own holy battle each morning to keep from having to carry her around all day as well, you can either walk or ride girl we are not carrying your 30 pound ass for eight days straight lmao. That's been hard but worth it, and she is starting to get it now.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PRL said:

Chicago tomorrow AM for Southampton game - anyone know a bar showing (realise it’s 8.30am)

AJ Hudson's, The Globe, and Cleo's will all have it. Some Chicago supporters watch at AJ Hudson's, but I like The Globe and Cleo's more 

Mother Hubbard's should also be open if you're downtown