Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Broke down on Saturday and finally bought FoxSoccer.tv for the $15/mo.  Absolutely worth it.  Streams in what is essentially HD and they have pretty much every match.  The 45 minute highlights are particularly good too.

I've had it since the beginning of this season and there's only been a handful of our games not on it. There's been a few issues with their streaming from time to time - one game (don't really remember which) the feed would randomly jump about 10 minutes back, play for a few minutes, then jump to current time, then back, then forward... extremely annoying, but that was only the one game it's done that. And occasionally, it's had hitches where the site goes down a few minutes before kickoff and I've missed the first 10 minutes before they get it up and running, but overall it's been well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Hey guys, I'm in Chicago next weekend .  Anybody got any goods spots to go watch in that toon?  Want to meet up?

Guest jrtoonarmy

Me and two mates will be in Atlanta for the Wolves game LA for the Villa game and NYC for the Blackpool game if anyone in those cities fancies a pint? anyone know of any decent bars?

Good news for US NUFC fans - more games this week switched for TV coverage

Hi there. Im a Miamian born and raised and have been following and supporting the Toon for about 10 years. I gave up on watching games at bars down here a long time ago as it seams 90% of the "supporters" down here are ManU/Arsenal/Barca/Real fans. Its been a lonely journey. Would love to actually watch a match with some fellow toon fans after all these years. Is your website up yet?

Me and two mates will be in Atlanta for the Wolves game LA for the Villa game and NYC for the Blackpool game if anyone in those cities fancies a pint? anyone know of any decent bars?

Hand in Hand pub in Atlanta is awesome.  And a short block/half-a-block walk from Hand in Hand is a great bar called The Dark Horse Tavern.  Spent quite a few nights in there.

Guest toonarmymia

Good news for US NUFC fans - more games this week switched for TV coverage

Hi there. Im a Miamian born and raised and have been following and supporting the Toon for about 10 years. I gave up on watching games at bars down here a long time ago as it seams 90% of the "supporters" down here are ManU/Arsenal/Barca/Real fans. Its been a lonely journey. Would love to actually watch a match with some fellow toon fans after all these years. Is your website up yet?

website isnt up yet, but i'm on twitter (@toonarmymia), posting updates for games.

message me and i'll give you details / contacts

Guest toonarmymia

According to nufc.com:

Without a club since his release by Dunfermline Athletic last summer, ex-Magpies winger Stephen Glass has made a return to the game - over in the USA.

The 34 year-old former Scottish international has joined Carolina Railhawks, whose North American Soccer League season kicks off in April.

We went ahead and put in a new set-up at work this week.  It's for March Madness but I use it for my early morning Saturday matches.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7176/futbolc.jpg

Looks good. Where is this?

Guest toonarmymia

For those not already in the know, the NUFC vs Stoke is on tape delay at 6pm on FSC

(normally 5pm, but an extra hour due to time change not happening till sunday am and setting earlier live games off by an hour)

We're also on live on foxsoccer.tv if anyone has this (and the usual streams)

If anyone's in NYC, the game is being shown live in Legends bar (www.toonarmymia.com)

Here in Miami, we're doing the Likely Lads act till 6pm

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere else: MLS 'franchise' Sporting Kansas City will host NUFC in a pre-season friendly in the summer, President Robb Heineman has tweeted.

Looks like we have may have a US tour in the summer.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

just saw this.  we're going to need to get organized if the lads show up here this summer!  for starters, is anyone in KC or STL or anywhere else nearby?

props to <a href="http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=10940">BaltimoreBasedMag</a> for sending me this link:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/3/28/2077429/sporting-kansas-city-to-play-newcastle-united-this-summer

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere else: MLS 'franchise' Sporting Kansas City will host NUFC in a pre-season friendly in the summer, President Robb Heineman has tweeted.

Looks like we have may have a US tour in the summer.

:yikes:

:dance:

:pedro:

Please come closer than KC - anywhere in the east and I'm there.

Guest Cdn_geordie

I'm in Toronto too. However, I'm very tempted l

To make the drive down. Apparently they haven't been this side of the pond since 2000.

Man Utd's Summer 2011 tour is as follows:

7/13 vs. New England at Gillette Stadium

7/20 vs. Seattle at Qwest Field

7/23 vs. Chicago at Soldier Field

7/27 vs. MLS All-Stars at Red Bull Arena

7/30 vs. Barcelona in DC

I would be ok with Columbus. That's under a 9 hour drive for me compared to 19 for Kansas City.