Epic NUFC photos

Guest Tall Striker

Hardly epic but I'm in this one and it was plastered over the back pages of pretty much every paper in the country the next day.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/midoDM2608_468x303.jpg

Hardly epic but I'm in this one and it was plastered over the back pages of pretty much every paper in the country the next day.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/midoDM2608_468x303.jpg

Blue shirt?

I was there that day (Derby at home, 91) Was in the Scoreboard, and we all spied him walking in the corner with his brother and mates - loads of young'uns went at stood with him. Think it was that night that he was 'kicked' in the knee, in Walkers. Legend has it, that it was a certain Viv Graham who did him!

I thought it was Leicester? Sure Lee Clark Scored and we won? That's his brother in front of him to his left.

Only because I'm in it :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Z4mI07k.jpg

Blond Lad called Phil from Newbiggin by the Sea bottom right of that picture with a baseball cap on. Not seen him for years. He travelled in the boot of my mates car to Feyenoord for a pre season friendly in 2000.

I was there that day (Derby at home, 91) Was in the Scoreboard, and we all spied him walking in the corner with his brother and mates - loads of young'uns went at stood with him. Think it was that night that he was 'kicked' in the knee, in Walkers. Legend has it, that it was a certain Viv Graham who did him!

I thought it was Leicester? Sure Lee Clark Scored and we won? That's his brother in front of him to his left.

Looks like Jack Wilshire.

Looks like Jack Wilshire.

Now you mention it aye, I suppose he does a bit on there.

Guest chicken little

remember my first trip to st. james' on a visit to my uncle in shields. around 1991? think it was after watching the mackems do us in the playoffs. went to the club shop in a portakabin, came back to salford the proud owner (thought i doubt they were from the club shop) of a pair of whatever (uhlsport?) gloves burridge was sponsored by at the time. f***ing s***. like gardening gloves with random bits of rubber glued on. i loved them, and was convinced (with my childish naivety) that budgie was one of the world's best and i was honoured to have these snidey gloves.

when the milburn was like that top picture- If you were driving into town for match tickets in your dinner break- you could drive right up to the bottom of them steps to get them- nobody even asked who you were or anything.

Guest firetotheworks

I like that he's going to the game in his Sondico goalkeeper gloves.

:lol: Amazing that I didn't spot that, that's how bad that jumper was. What the fuck was he thinking?  :lol:

He's the type of kid that goes to the match wearing goalkeeper gloves, I imagine his decision making isn't the best. :lol:

I like that he's going to the game in his Sondico goalkeeper gloves.

:lol: Amazing that I didn't spot that, that's how bad that jumper was. What the fuck was he thinking?  :lol:

He's the type of kid that goes to the match wearing goalkeeper gloves, I imagine his decision making isn't the best. :lol:

Almost certain he's sporting an earpiece n all. Superb.

*TWO BIG PICS*

These are particularly interesting to me, as while I first went in 1996 (was only 6), I can only ever remember the stadium being as it is now

These two made me hugely nostalgic, I first went in 1991 and was there loads through the promotion season. To think how much I despise the current iteration of NUFC compared to the joy and excitement they brought me back then. Devastating.

• 2 months later...