Epic NUFC photos

Guest Tall Striker

3 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Keep scanning these crowd pics of the Gallowgate in hope of spotting a youthful me. Not going to happen is it. Anyone ever seen themselves? 

Got picked up by the camera a few times (Forest 5-0 after a goal, Sky cameras perved on me at half-time against Leeds in 97/98, didn't keep that tape I can tell you) but not in a crowd. Got pics from Shearer's unveiling and people nearby with flags and stuff to key off of and still can't.

but as Man U pick up the FA Cup in 1999 (as were on FA Cups) in the background a 'Toon Army' flag unfurls, that's me. Its just a bit after the initial raising to feature in the medleys of captains picking up the cup. Could barely see anything from my angle so missed graffiti-ing that. Salvaged something from the day.

Edited by Wolfcastle

10 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Keep scanning these crowd pics of the Gallowgate in hope of spotting a youthful me. Not going to happen is it. Anyone ever seen themselves? 

The three that stand out in my memory:

1) Back page of the Journal in the 1998 FA Cup final; big picture of me alone at Wembley with a blond mop of hair, NUFC top and the reddest face in the history of the world.  It was fucking red hot that afternoon.

2) On ITV's Champions League highlights show in 1997, standing on a railing swirling my shirt around my head during the 3-2 vs Barcelona

3) Mop of blond hair (see (1)) and face contorted in ecstasy when Barton scored the equaliser 3-3 at Anfield in the 96/97 season.  Happily, my response for Fowler's winner a minute later is not captured for posterity

I've spotted myself a few times on coverage, but they're the only times I've been 'zoomed in' on

On 06/11/2022 at 02:15, Coffee_Johnny said:

Same, I'd love to find photos of me when I was a kid in the crowd. I was a regular from age ~6. Wish they did those photo sets the club do now. 

There was a close up of me at Hereveen away on telly and I remember at the Riverside once, think 2-2 when Charvet scored. And was on the Mag in a big crowd photo at the 98 cup final.

I got picked out quite a lot at Scotland games when I was a kid. Most notably a close up before England-Scotland at Euro 96. Was a bit mad when I was watching the film My Summer With Des and saw me again. Then again in 2020 when the BBC replayed the game. Got filmed by all sorts of international telly and that going into Scotland-Brazil at the WC - remember Brazilian telly asking to get shots of me, never saw what came of it. They loved an 8yo short arse in a kilt. 

We must have had some serious shit on Peter Withe for him to sign for us and pair him up with a bloke clocking off from the pit. They were a canny double. Anyway, Peter Withe, wtf was he thinking, must have been off his tits.

loved peter withe and his wristbands.

won the league and league cup at forest.

dropped down to the second division to join us.

went on to villa and won the league again and then scored the winner in the european cup final.

bonkers.

Edited by huss9

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We must have had some serious shit on Peter Withe for him to sign for us and pair him up with a bloke clocking off from the pit. They were a canny double. Anyway, Peter Withe, wtf was he thinking, must have been off his tits.

"shoulder the bogeyman" roger thames used to call him on Shoot!

33 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Was Hardwick in goal, can't remember

yes. 

it was 15 dec 1979 btw. 

V QPR 

we won 4-2 ( Cassidy, Shoulder and two from Withe) 

Hardwick, David Barton, Brownlie. Ian Davies, Boam, Cartwright, Cassidy, Hibbitt, Billy Rafferty, Shoulder and Withe.

Oh, and the dog was called Shep 

7 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

yes. 

it was 15 dec 1979 btw. 

V QPR 

we won 4-2 ( Cassidy, Shoulder and two from Withe) 

Hardwick, David Barton, Brownlie. Ian Davies, Boam, Cartwright, Cassidy, Hibbitt, Billy Rafferty, Shoulder and Withe.

Oh, and the dog was called Shep 

Fuck, that was a poor team. But Tommy Cassidy 😍

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...