NME tour

Allmo

• 2 years later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7269060.stm

Arctic Monkeys land NME hat-trick

Arctic Monkeys have won three prizes, including best British band at this year's NME Awards in London.

The band's single Fluorescent Adolescent won them best track and they scooped best video for Teddy Picker.

Best album went to Klaxons for Myths of the Near Future while Kate Nash beat Amy Winehouse to the music weekly's best solo artist title.

Muse were presented with the best live band award and US group The Killers took best international act.

The Enemy beat the Pigeon Detectives and The Wombats in the best band category at the awards, which took place at the O2 in Greenwich, south-east London.

The Manic Street Preachers, who performed at the ceremony, were awarded the NME's Godlike Genius honour.

For the second year running the Reading and Leeds festivals won best live event and cult BBC Three comedy The Mighty Boosh took best TV show.

Babyshambles frontman Pete Doherty was voted hero of the year by the magazine's readers, while US President George W Bush was named villain of the year.

Britney Spears's Blackout got the thumbs down and was voted worst album and The Hoosiers were named worst band.

BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe was honoured with best radio show.

Arctic Monkeys have notched up 15 NME award nominations since they burst onto the music scene in 2005, and have since walked away with eight of the awards.

This year they were nominated for a record seven prizes.

Kate Nash, The Cribs, ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, Gallows, Lethal Bizzle and Klaxons all performed at the event.

When did the NME stop covering new music?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article859709.ece

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00444/snf29bizd280_444543a.jpg

THIS bleeding, bloated, greasy, drug-addled junkie was named Hero Of The Year at the bash.

Proof, if any were needed, that showbusiness has gone as mad as Wino’s barnet.

NME readers voted for this disgrace to win the award.

And here he is on the right on the night before the NME show performing at East London’s Rhythm Factory.

He had blood pouring from his nose as he performed some of his “hits” that nobody has ever heard.

Doherty blamed the injury on a scrap with his cat. A true hero’s excuse.

It’s hardly been a vintage 12 months for the BABYSHAMBLES frontman.

He’s been driven out of London because he can’t spend more than a few days in the city without being nicked for a drugs or driving offence.

He’s appeared in court more times than he’s washed his spotty, boil-covered face. (And this is the bloke who was voted Sexiest Man by NME readers in 2006 and who NME chose as their Cool Icon two years earlier.)

In July last year he split up with supermodel girlfriend KATE MOSS – who was the only reason most of the country knew who he was in the first place.

Last summer he died his hair a disgusting blond colour – and his locks have never been quite the same since.

And just to add insult to injury, while lying to his fans and the court and telling everyone that he was clean to save his pathetic neck back in November, he was caught red-handed and exposed by The Sun for injecting heroin.

Pete Doherty – if he really is Hero Of The Year, will the last person to leave Britain today please turn out the stage lights.

Not exactly a fan of The Sun but find it hard to disagree with the above article. NME, and I'm sorry, a lot of their readership, are a joke. Doherty is beyond one now and The Sun aren't much better.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article859709.ece

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00444/snf29bizd280_444543a.jpg

THIS bleeding, bloated, greasy, drug-addled junkie was named Hero Of The Year at the bash.

Proof, if any were needed, that showbusiness has gone as mad as Wino’s barnet.

NME readers voted for this disgrace to win the award.

And here he is on the right on the night before the NME show performing at East London’s Rhythm Factory.

He had blood pouring from his nose as he performed some of his “hits” that nobody has ever heard.

Doherty blamed the injury on a scrap with his cat. A true hero’s excuse.

It’s hardly been a vintage 12 months for the BABYSHAMBLES frontman.

He’s been driven out of London because he can’t spend more than a few days in the city without being nicked for a drugs or driving offence.

He’s appeared in court more times than he’s washed his spotty, boil-covered face. (And this is the bloke who was voted Sexiest Man by NME readers in 2006 and who NME chose as their Cool Icon two years earlier.)

In July last year he split up with supermodel girlfriend KATE MOSS – who was the only reason most of the country knew who he was in the first place.

Last summer he died his hair a disgusting blond colour – and his locks have never been quite the same since.

And just to add insult to injury, while lying to his fans and the court and telling everyone that he was clean to save his pathetic neck back in November, he was caught red-handed and exposed by The Sun for injecting heroin.

Pete Doherty – if he really is Hero Of The Year, will the last person to leave Britain today please turn out the stage lights.

Not exactly a fan of The Sun but find it hard to disagree with the above article. NME, and I'm sorry, a lot of their readership, are a joke. Doherty is beyond one now and The Sun aren't much better.

Aye, you must be shit if the Sun talks more sense than your own publication.

They associate with pretty much all the British bands I dislike.

They also ripped my mates demo. Stupid fuckers thought he/they were lying about a 100 song album and said it would be "impossible to play live". O'rly? How come I watched him do it the other day. They didn't even comment on the music just the "story" (which was 90% fact).  Cunts.

But when people are young, and prone to follow rather than seek, I can see how it makes its money. It is however, a very poor waste of (recycled) paper.

Yeah, it's much the same for Kerrang, another publication I despise. In fact probably more so because it's supposedly meant to be aimed at me (music taste wise) more than the likes of NME are.

But when people are young, and prone to follow rather than seek, I can see how it makes its money. It is however, a very poor waste of (recycled) paper.

Yeah, it's much the same for Kerrang, another publication I despise. In fact probably more so because it's supposedly meant to be aimed at me (music taste wise) more than the likes of NME are.

All magazines are wank though. I admit I used to buy Kerrang when I was like 12. Most of the music I listen to now I found through the internets. All those magazines do is contribute to peer pressure and shit music.

I fucking hate the NME, and everything about it. Promoting shit bands and shit new trends in music, which in reality aren't new, just a slight derivitation from the norm, and in kind, call bands who aren't that open to them, shit.

Bunch of twats.