Whos better on LW, Duff or Luque?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OF COURSE LUQUE

in the fews games  wich luque played,he  was average,but still,he made better things then duff made all season

Duff is one of our worst signings,i really hope luque gets the nod over him,starting from now,zoggy is a fantastic lad but his confidence is down and his peformence is slow,we should give him an easy game with the reserves,one wich will boost his confidence,then bring him back to the team,same thing we did to luque b4 the palermo game :)

Guest Ridzuan

Judging from the current situation,I would say Duff though I admit both of them are not playing very well.If I have watched Luque play for us on a regular basis,it would be very tight.

I've gone against Luque for once, I voted Duff ok he hasn't reached his full potential so far but his workrate tracking back to help the LB is good. Both are short on confidence at the moment

Guest Gemmill

Can we extend the poll choices to:

Duff, and I go to the games

Luque, and I go to the games

Duff, and I don't go to the games

Luque, and I don't go to the games

I rather suspect that option 4 would be getting some hammer by the mongs who think Luque is the best thing since sliced bread despite him never having had a good game for NUFC.

Cant really tell off one Luque performance, which by itself was barely average. Especially when it came in a 4-5-1.

Duff seems to lack the end product Luque showed on bried occasions but he is better at taking players on and certainly gives alot more to the cause.

Personally id like to see Luque given the run of games so we could actually have a decent comparison of the two.

Neither have played particularly well so i will go with N'Zogbia just to be pedantic.

Cant really tell off one Luque performance, which by itself was barely average. Especially when it came in a 4-5-1.

Duff seems to lack the end product Luque showed on bried occasions but he is better at taking players on and certainly gives alot more to the cause.

Personally id like to see Luque given the run of games so we could actually have a decent comparison of the two.

Neither have played particularly well so i will go with N'Zogbia just to be pedantic.

I'll beat Gemmill to it and say by slipping on the floor? :lol:

But seriously if we had Ameobi and Martins attacking his crossing the other night he could have had a few more assists.

Purely based on the fact that i've never seen Duff play well, and based on the other fact that we simply ain't seen Luque... i'll say Luque. Not saying he is, but he might be, and it's worth trying out because Duff is just hopeless.

However, Zoggy needs/deserves/craves more games - and not at centre-midfield, where he is absolutely shite. He's off form and it's only because he's at Newcastle. If he were at Arsenal right now, he'd be better than he was last season, not worse.

Guest TheOrder

Purely based on the fact that i've never seen Duff play well, and based on the other fact that we simply ain't seen Luque... i'll say Luque. Not saying he is, but he might be, and it's worth trying out because Duff is just hopeless.

However, Zoggy needs/deserves/craves more games - and not at centre-midfield, where he is absolutely shite. He's off form and it's only because he's at Newcastle. If he were at Arsenal right now, he'd be better than he was last season, not worse.

Or Zoggy could just be off-form... heaven forbid players form can dip..

Or Zoggy could just be off-form... heaven forbid players form can dip..

Too familiar tbh.

We don't have the coaching set-up to turn good players into great players.

I'd say Duff. Although he hasn't been particularly good, niether was Luque. The only constructive thing he did on Thursday was the corner for Taylor's goal, he did nothing in open play.

Two or three of his crosses were absolutely sublime, and if we had two strikers in the box (or one striker, technically), i'm pretty sure atleast one of them woul dhave been converted* - they really were that good. Infact, the last time he played wide® left, against Fulham last season, he put in one or two fantastic crosses before going off injured.

Plus he tracked back and tackled well, opening up the play. He constantly was finding space out wide and that's what provided him the space to put in those crosses.

He faded in the second half, granted, but his first half performance was quite encouraging in my opinion. Far better than i've ever seen him as a lone striker*. :roll: 

*Almost as if Roeder is trying to make it hard for him.

Guest stormrider

Duff. And I think if you asked the 20 Premiership managers that question, they would all give that answer.

But we're talking about them in the context of the left wing position at newcastle united, not overall like..

Luque.

Theyve both been utterly shit for us for different reasons, but Luque can produce stunningly good crosses if he gets 3-4 attempts at them - no different to Beckham in that respect.

Thats the only defining difference between two poor players at this point in time.