The Clash

Cajun

If anything, I think the Libertines would have to be very similar to the Clash.

I knew someone would say that  bluebiggrin.gif

I heard the Libertines first then The Clash so in my case it was sort of the right way round.

I disagree Rob, both very good.

The Clash is probably the genuine article mind............Working class boys and al dat. Know **** all bout the Libertines apart from Pete being in the band. My guess raging gayboys with "Uni" backgrounds and middles class lets play at "pop" fraudulatious "go down with one punch" kind of shiiite. :)

Oh look:

"Carl Barât first came into contact with Pete Doherty when he was at Brunel University in 1997, sharing a flat in Richmond with Pete Doherty's sister, Amy-Jo. Through her, they became friends and started writing songs, and soon agreed to try to make a successful band together. (Barât stated "It's either the top of the world or bottom of the canal"). Barât abandoned his drama course at Brunel two years in; Pete left his English literature course at the Queen Mary College after only a year, and they moved into a flat together on Camden Road."

Death squad too good for em tbh.

The Clash = one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

The Libertines = not bad, but not in The Clash's league, and Pete Doherty ruined it all.

I don't mind Dirty Pretty Things, but I can't stand Doherty and Babyshambles.

The Libertines = not bad, but not in The Clash's league, and Pete Doherty ruined it all.

Agree with that.

The Clash is probably the genuine article mind............Working class boys and al dat. Know **** all bout the Libertines apart from Pete being in the band. My guess raging gayboys with "Uni" backgrounds and middles class lets play at "pop" fraudulatious "go down with one punch" kind of shiiite. :)

Oh look:

"Carl Barât first came into contact with Pete Doherty when he was at Brunel University in 1997, sharing a flat in Richmond with Pete Doherty's sister, Amy-Jo. Through her, they became friends and started writing songs, and soon agreed to try to make a successful band together. (Barât stated "It's either the top of the world or bottom of the canal"). Barât abandoned his drama course at Brunel two years in; Pete left his English literature course at the Queen Mary College after only a year, and they moved into a flat together on Camden Road."

Death squad too good for em tbh.

The Clash is fucking brilliant but the working class image is pretty much made up. Strummer's dad was a foreign service diplomat and he went to a private school before moving to an art school. Jones was from a working class home though. Raised by his grandmother IIRC

But yes, best band ever for me :cool:

"He who fucks nuns will later join the church"

I ****ing hate all the Libertines fan boys man, heard people go on saying oh Up The Bracket has changed my life, The Libertines are better than The Beatles and all this shite. :lol:

bluesigh.gif bluebiggrin.gif

Guest optimistic nit

that, buy i like doherty, even if he is reet posh.

Guest optimistic nit

i really don't see how they are similar btw, apart from both being english bands. The only doherty songs i like are cant stand me now and killermangiro, so maybe thats why i can't see the similarity.

Was thinking earlier (yeah i have those moments) why is Doherty so hated? Is it his posh upbringing or what? Surely it cant be the drug abuse as half the people that despise him probably worship some other junkie in a rock band!

Was thinking earlier (yeah i have those moments) why is Doherty so hated? Is it his posh upbringing or what? Surely it cant be the drug abuse as half the people that despise him probably worship some other junkie in a rock band!

As I've said before man, the Doherty fan boys are the worst I've ever encountered man.