Game music

Mike

Bust a Groove was the shit, fucking people.

I was extremely fond of the demo and I tried to find the full game a few years later but always got stumped when I found 'Bust-a-move' :lol: I wouldn't have bothered if I had heard that song though.. Christ almighty.

:lol: Man, you aren't going to be talking about Hiro like that, motherfucker. 5000 miles isn't far enough.

If TT is like, this is no good, I'll lock it.

I'll not have the likes of you modding my shit.

:lol: Just messing man, keep your shit thread :bluestar:

:lol: Fuck off. I'm no longer using safety smilies with you.

I mean, you called me a rapist by nature and I didn't flip out, so I can't imagine you can get me mad.

I was extremely fond of the demo and I tried to find the full game a few years later but always got stumped when I found 'Bust-a-move' :lol: I wouldn't have bothered if I had heard that song though.. Christ almighty.

:lol: Man, you aren't going to be talking about Hiro like that, motherfucker. 5000 miles isn't far enough.

That song > water torture.

:lol: Well, I'll try and remember that. Next time we're in some headset shit, it's going to be sung. Sing that shit with passion.

AH AH AH AH PLAYBOY! PLAYBOY!

:lol: Well, I'll try and remember that. Next time we're in some headset shit, it's going to be sung. Sing that shit with passion.

AH AH AH AH PLAYBOY! PLAYBOY!

It would be recorded and uploaded to youtube for the whole world to hear in seconds man, don't even try it :lol:

has anyone been to one of those orchestra concerts in the states where they play video game music? Always wanted to but never had a chance when I lived over there.

Nah, They were doing a Chrono Trigger one a few years back. Only one I ever really wanted to see.

Started writing up a list with 20-30 of my fav songs, but I don´t really want to break the thread so I'll just post 5   6 7of the most memorable songs for me. The ones that had huge impact on me and fill me up with nostalgia everytime I hear them.

1. Final Fantasy V: Lenna´s Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5b0-HJ2NSA

2. Final Fantasy 7: Cosmo Canyon

3. Wild Arms: Port Town Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBEvtA4Uuwk&feature=related

4. Donkey Kong Country: Fear Factory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjKjjgQPk8

5. Silent Hill 2: Theme Of Laura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8c6ZqMkqpI

6. Super Castlevania: Simon´s Theme (can´t leave this gem out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sX3fjpkFwk&feature=player_embedded

7. Civilization 4: Baba Yetu (...or this one)

Absolutely love this moment when the theme from MGS1 ('The Best Is Yet To Come') kicks in as you arrive back at Shadow Moses, sends an amazing shiver down my spine every time:

I think the MGS music is general is absolutely awesome, sometimes have the Alert music as my ringtone (it's currently FFVII battle theme, another game with fantastic music).

This is better than any genuine Bond theme:

Ridman: The wildarms opening theme is pretty amazing to!

edit: what an amazing game that is also. brilliant all of it.

Criminally underrated imo. It had so many memorable locations, bosses, villains, musical scores and most importantly the world felt really immersive. Something about how the art style, music and everything blended together that made you believe you were playing in a fantasy world and actually made you care, not many games that get you to feel that way.  Sure it probably had a lot to do with how young I was but I played it again 3-4 years ago and it still holds up as a class game. My only real complaint being that it´s way too easy though that is to be expeted with jRPGs.

For whatever reason I´ve never played any of the other Wild Arms games  :undecided: Heard they don´t hold a candle to the first one. I wouldn´t mind buying them and trying out but at this age old school jRPGs are too simple and easy to warrant the effort of putting 40+ hours into them.

I need games to be brutally difficult so I enjoy them, at least provide some bit of a challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-tb278Aka4

I'll never be able to get this song out of my head. There was this stage in Final Fantasy Tactics that literally took me days to beat (fuuuuuck youuuuu Time mages) , so many restarted tries but once I managed to beat it perfectly I´ve never felt more satisfaction in my computer gaming life. Again, it had a lot to do with how young I was but even to this day FFT is still a fucking hard game.