Game music

Mike

:lol: Gwyn is pure evil, because he's maaaaaaaaaaaaaassive, and that piano kicks in while he's running at you. The first time you see, him, you're trying to figure out what the fuck he's carrying. That heightened concentration leading into that "Oh!.....Oh. Oh....shit. :undecided: " realization makes the music unbelievably effective.

:lol: Then you realize how FAST he is, and that fucking piano is just going, and going, and he doesn't care who you are or what weapon you have, and you're just trying not to die, and he's just...so fucking FAST.

Don't think either have aged well.

Says the bloke who's spent the last week playing a 2D fighter :)

I don't know, a lot of 2D scrolling fighters have aged badly but I can still get a lot of entertainment out of Final Fight and Streets of Rage 2.  More about the feel than the gameplay, of course.. they just make me feel like I'm 15 again :lol:

I can imagine if you have nostalgia on your side it would be absolutely epic but at the end of the day it's a side scrolling button masher.. just my opinion like... love SOR but howay man, best game ever?

I posted this in another thread ages ago, but a group of guys called Bad Dudes remixed the Chrono Trigger OST, it's pretty sweet. The album is called Chronotorious.

There's a batch of tunes that take me right back to GTA: San Andreas whenever i hear them on the radio. "Horse With No Name", "Barracuda", "Runnin' Down a Dream", "All My Exes Live In Texas", "Voodoo Ray". I must have played that game way too many times.

Driving a motorbike at the strip in Las Venturas and Personal Jesus coming on :megusta:

EDIT: Fuck me, had no idea that Fools Gold by Stone Roses is on that station as well. Hadn't even heard of them back when it was first released.

There's a batch of tunes that take me right back to GTA: San Andreas whenever i hear them on the radio. "Horse With No Name", "Barracuda", "Runnin' Down a Dream", "All My Exes Live In Texas", "Voodoo Ray". I must have played that game way too many times.

Some of the Songs from Vice City hit me like that. I don't really remember the San Andreas soundtrack, tbh.

More recent I guess. And I played it a LOT.

• 3 weeks later...