N'Zogbia

stozo

Is it me or has N'Zogbia been awful when played this season. I really hope a run in the first team like he'll be getting with Duff out will see better performances from him as it seems like he's been taking steps back this year instead of forwards.

One particular thing that frustrates me with him is he attempts to run at people but consistantly fails to get past them and loses the ball in the process.

one ov my mates used to go out with him and she still talks to him. She told him the song people sing about him having a large manhood. He thinks it funny cos he has heard it but didnt understand what they were saying. Apparently its not true like!  bluelaugh.gif

I think what happens with a lot of young players is they have an initial impact, but then opposition players suss them out a bit, and it becomes a bit more difficult for them. At that point they need to work on their game and improve in order to continue to progress their careers.

I think that's the point that Zoggy has reached, but he seems a bit stuck. I don't know if he's decided that he's already a great player and is in a kind of mini-sulk, or if he thinks he'd be better off playing for another club. Either way, he's been poor and isn't improving. His attitude doesn't seem right.

I think what happens with a lot of young players is they have an initial impact, but then opposition players suss them out a bit, and it becomes a bit more difficult for them. At that point they need to work on their game and improve in order to continue to progress their careers.

I think that's the point that Zoggy has reached, but he seems a bit stuck. I don't know if he's decided that he's already a great player and is in a kind of mini-sulk, or if he thinks he'd be better off playing for another club. Either way, he's been poor and isn't improving. His attitude doesn't seem right.

I've been thinking that.

he is a young lad,showed he had alot of talent,but his confidence  is extremely low for many reason (losing his place,the teams current status,etc..)

i think he should be demoted to the reserves side,play a couple of games their,then brought back to the first team,at least playing vs sub-standerd players might help him gain more confidence..

he will get better hopefully,really like the lad and think he just needs to work harder on his peformence..

Yeah we haven't seen enough of the REAL him this season, due to bad man management more than anything else though.

And trying to over-impress too, where instead of playing his natural game he feels he needs to do something pure quality everytime he gets the ball in order to get back in the team. I can't wait to see him when the team has a bit of confidence and/or a new manager.

I think he is playing the same as when SBR was here. I thought he was Nothing special at the time. I hope he refinds his form

Huh? He never played under Robson.

correct, im pretty sure his first game was against blackburn under carver when bobby had left and souness wasnt taking over until the monday?

could be wrong like

I think he is playing the same as when SBR was here. I thought he was Nothing special at the time. I hope he refinds his form

correct, im pretty sure his first game was against blackburn under carver when bobby had left and souness wasnt taking over until the monday?

could be wrong like

Aye that sounds familiar

could be wrong like

Aye that sounds familiar

Spot on. Came on for about... ooh, 12 seconds?

Guest sunderlandsuck

the problem is that newcastle have no way of sorting out this problem, its what seperates us from the top 4 tbh

When talented youngsters go through a dip in form after initially exploding onto the scene, they tend to struggle a bit with end product, or tend not to shine as much as they did previously. The rest of their game is OK - theyre just not excelling like they initially did. C.Ronaldo and Reyes (iirc) are good examples of that, when they first played they were brilliant in the first few months, then went through a lengthy period of not being anything like as spectacular, but they were still playing relatively decently.

This doesnt seem to be the case with Zog. Zog isnt just failing to rip into lesser teams like he was doing last season - hes struggling badly to do the basics. His touch is often poor, his passing wayward, hes showing an inability to dribble confidently, his awareness of players around him seems to be alot worse than it was last season, and he cant even get anywhere near having the position to produce an assist or goal, let alone producing the end product itself.

This shouldnt be happening. No doubt Zog should be able to get back to his previous form with a run of games, but questions do need to be pointed at either the player or the management team for him going backwards at an alarming rate. It should not be the case that a youngster who does extremely well in his "breakthrough" season ends up looking worse than Bambi on ice within the space of a few months.

Bright foreign young players need a good manager, good players and a good coaching set-up to be able to excel and push onto the next level. N'Zogbia hasn't got that and that's why he's starting to falter. And it's made even more difficult for him due to the fact that he's been dumped out of the team by a player who isn't as good as Zoggy.

Bright foreign young players need a good manager, good players and a good coaching set-up to be able to excel and push onto the next level. N'Zogbia hasn't got that and that's why he's starting to falter. And it's made even more difficult for him due to the fact that he's been dumped out of the team by a player who isn't as good as Zoggy.

Unfortunately, I think N'Zogbia will be getting the things you think he needs quite soon - but NOT at NUFC, methinks......!!

When talented youngsters go through a dip in form after initially exploding onto the scene, they tend to struggle a bit with end product, or tend not to shine as much as they did previously. The rest of their game is OK - theyre just not excelling like they initially did. C.Ronaldo and Reyes (iirc) are good examples of that, when they first played they were brilliant in the first few months, then went through a lengthy period of not being anything like as spectacular, but they were still playing relatively decently.

This doesnt seem to be the case with Zog. Zog isnt just failing to rip into lesser teams like he was doing last season - hes struggling badly to do the basics. His touch is often poor, his passing wayward, hes showing an inability to dribble confidently, his awareness of players around him seems to be alot worse than it was last season, and he cant even get anywhere near having the position to produce an assist or goal, let alone producing the end product itself.

This shouldnt be happening. No doubt Zog should be able to get back to his previous form with a run of games, but questions do need to be pointed at either the player or the management team for him going backwards at an alarming rate. It should not be the case that a youngster who does extremely well in his "breakthrough" season ends up looking worse than Bambi on ice within the space of a few months.

Shit awareness definitely. Doesnt see basic passes, or not this season anyway.

He's been very poor this season, and I'm a huge fan. To be fair to him, there can be nothing to knock a young kid's confidence like being one of the best players all season, only to be replaced while wasters like the pair of cunts pretending to be full-backs keep their place. He also keeps getting moved all over the place, and while he might see himself as a central midfield player, he's not one. Playing in an utterly wank side with a clueless manager who doesn't know his best team or his best formation doesn't help either.

I'm looking forward to having him in a regular place ahead of Duff and hope he can refind his form. I'd still be picking him out of those two anyway, regardless of fitness, I'm sick to the back teeth of Duff.