which nationalities make the worst Prem players?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Ridzuan

Brazilians and Argentinians. They just fail in the Premiership miserably!

Cant remember of any Brazilians in the Premiership but I thought Crespo did well with Chelsea.

Cant remember of any Brazilians in the Premiership but I thought Crespo did well with Chelsea.

Brazil:

Gilberto, Fumaca, Juninho, Edu, Denilson (hasn't played yet), Júlio Baptista

Argentina:

Veron, Mascherano, Tévez, Heinze

I think they've done okay with exceptions, I can think of other nationalities that have failed more on the whole

Crespo had a excellent goal ratio, Juninho outstanding for Boro in his short spell there, Edu in the last 2 seasons he had at Arsenal, Gilberto has done okay as well. I don't think you can judge Tevez and Mascherano just yet though.

Gustavo Poyet was a big success also, as Solano,Acuna was underrated, then we've had Bassedas, Gavilan,Cordone and Fumaca ,but remember who bought them? Mick Wadsworth

Forgot to mention Silvinho was great too

However IMO the TOP CLASS south americans are bought by the italian and spanish league teams, EPL tend to buy the average ones so it's not surprise we see less successful south americans in that respect, we rarely buy the good ones

Guest Village Idiot

Arteta, Cesc, Xabi Alonso, Luís García (no world beater but doing an okay job in scourserland). Surely all Spanish players are crap. That's why ManU and Arsenal always try (and on occasion succeed) luring our U-18s, too. Their scouts couldn't tell a good player if it bit him in their asses, afterall.

However, it's true that for a reason our strikers just don't make it. Morientes and Salva Ballesta were useless here, and they scored for fun when they came back to Spain.

Arteta, Cesc, Xabi Alonso, Luís García (no world beater but doing an okay job in scourserland). Surely all Spanish players are crap. That's why ManU and Arsenal always try (and on occasion succeed) luring our U-18s, too. Their scouts couldn't tell a good player if it bit him in their asses, afterall.

However, it's true that for a reason our strikers just don't make it. Morientes and Salva Ballesta were useless here, and they scored for fun when they came back to Spain.

Luis Garcia is shite in the Premiership.

His best games come in the CL.

Arteta is average at best. Looks a lot better than he is in a industrialised Everton team.

Guest Village Idiot

Arteta is average at best. Looks a lot better than he is in a industrialised Everton team.

And after you post this, he scores against Charlton :D

don't understand why Oriental are leading 2nd in the poll, there haven't been many. Lie Tie, Seol, Sun Jihai , Ji Sung Park and Lee (Spurs) have done okay,Nakata wasn't anything special I have to say(average at best) but he had lost his motivation why is why he retired the next season. How many can you mention that have failed miserably?maybe that other bloke they had at Everton yes

I guess picking Oriental is the 'easy/lazy option' if you're unsure though :roll:

Guest Village Idiot

No, picking Spanish is the "easy option". Because when you really look at it, there haven't been many Spaniards either. Arteta, Cesc, Xavi Alonso, Luís García are established in their teams. Calling Reyes a failure is a stretch too, since Wegner still wanted to keep him. Iván Campo is loved at Bolton, and Hierro impressed in his season there before retiring. When you look at it only Morientes, Ballesta, Luque, Javi Moreno and some of the second division dross that Rafa signed for Liverpool were real failures. So I say our record is quite decent.

And after you post this, he scores against Charlton :D

He actually scored before i posted this, but am not fickle tbh, and my opinion still stands.

Considering that the worst players tend to be either kids that are never going to make it or transfers from the lower league that fail miserably to step up the answer is almost certainly British. From abroad I would say Sweden or perhaps somewhere else in Scandanavia. People look there for cheapish "internationals" imports and end up with Markus Allback, Mattias Jonson, Teddy Lucic and so on.

Spanish

Apart from Xabi Alonso, they've all been shite in the prem imo.

Fabregas, Alonso and Arteta are amongst the better midfielders in this league. Campo and Hierro did well for Bolton too.

I would probably say oriental players- Li Tie and Sun are bollocks, Lee Young Pyo was a big flop and Park hasn't done the business consistently

There have been plenty of eastern european failures as well.