Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (19/4/11 at 7.45pm) Pre-Match Thread

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest optimistic nit

We're going to get absolutely hammered and anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head examining.

lol

I remember last time I thought we would get hammered, but then Lovenkrands stopped VDS from setting a clean sheets record or somthing like that. If it wasn't for Raylor making a mistake we might have escaped with a draw, once they went in front they just played keep ball around us iirc

As is usual for this fixture I care less about the scoreline and more about the attitude and effort of our team. For this game I want them all to play like Clarence Acuna on crack - intensity and committment that will frighten the opposition.

Krul

Simpson Willi  Colo  Enrique

Barton Guthrie Tiote Gutierrez

Ireland

Ameobi

Would be quite happy if we could somehow see that.

Surely it is a bit early to start a player who has not played since December 9 on the start against Champions in waiting....

Krul

Simpson Willi  Colo  Enrique

Barton Guthrie Tiote Gutierrez

Ireland

Ameobi

Would be quite happy if we could somehow see that.

Surely it is a bit early to start a player who has not played since December 9 on the start against Champions in waiting....

Rather that than Lovenkrands or Ranger.

Guest GeordieBatistuta

Manchester Evening News has named Vuckic as part of the provisional squad? Is this a case of lazy journalism?

I'd sooner we saw Kuqi than Lovenkrands. Ranger I'm not so sure on. Might be better as a sub in this un.

I'd love to see Kuqi start. I think he could make an impact. Not sure on his fitness levels though.