Kids Football (Coaching)

Bossman

Afternoon,

I'm looking for some recommendations where I can take my youngin' for coaching.  Under 9's at the moment, currently plays for Wallsend Boys but has gone 'backwards' over this season.  A bit concerned he wont get a team next year.

So looking for something preferably on a Sat (am) for over the summer (and beyond as long as it doesnt clash) where they get back to basics, 1st touch, dribbling, heading, movement, passing.    Most importantly needs to be fun, dont mind some disipline but i dont want a 8yr old screamed at everytime he doesnt get something right.

Cheers people.

(in around Wallsend would be ideal, but will travel within reason)

Whitley Bay Juniors train every Saturday :thup:

Next season the Under 10's will train 11-12 next to John Spence High.

Currently his age group would train 10-11.

If you want the coahces info give me a pm :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sounds like you've had a bad experience with a boys club there, real shame to hear that. There's a player in the U11s who had a similar experience from the same club, where he was shouted at and told he wasn't good enough to the point where his parents took him out and came over to us.

Whitley Bay are a good outfit, I can vouch for them  :thup:

I can PM info on my club if you wish, its not too far from Wallsend, in the NE12 area, and the U9s/U10s would play Mini Soccer up at Killingworth's KYPC League on a Saturday Morning (Kick off times vary from 9:30am - 1pm).

Just hope your boy doesn't feel too bad about what's happened, and can find a club that'll get him enjoying football again.  :thup:

Sorry chaps, think theres been a misunderstanding.  Theres been no problem at all with the boys club.  Its never been them that have done any un-needed shouting and balling.  My apologies if it came across that way.

The point i was trying to make is that bairn is(was) a canny player and i'd like him to develop further, but not at the expense of his enjoyment.  Dont expect him to be playing champions league in 10years or out like that.

The thing with the boys club (or even the problem for them) is that to me its very result orientated more than developmental.  They're obviously well known so have to , been seen to do well.  So, again in my uneducated opinion, will sacrifice the kids development for a kick and rush game that will out pressure other teams rather than out skill.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ah, right, I see! Yeah, understand what you're saying now. All comes down to the Boys Club and the Coach at that age group on how they are orientated (development or winning). Haven't really spoken to my club's U9/U10 coaches to know their coaching styles (and if they are any good), so can't really vouch for them. I do know that the club as a whole is more community/development based over results and 'get our kids into Newcastle Academy' centric.

I was just having a think and imo whitley coast soccer would be right up your street.

The set up is marvellous and they're all about developing the player. Add to this they also have a good standard of players. :thup: