Football greats - where do Barcelona (2011) rank?

Beren

Many consider the Hungary side of the 50s the be the best international side ever, or atleast the most revolutionary.

Just slightly before my time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Magyars

Great team that, but never won the big thing. Same as the Brazilian '82 team.

that brazil team had serginho up front. the '66 team is a better shout.

That Brazilian team had Zico, Falcao, Socrates along with Junior and Eder.

Many consider the Hungary side of the 50s the be the best international side ever, or atleast the most revolutionary.

That Brazilian team had Zico, Falcao, Socrates along with Junior and Eder.

the '66 team had pele, gerson,tostao,garrincha and got kicked out of the tournament.

Guest pont-toon

Yup. Not this year's team. The one with ronaldo, yes. This year's team is weak.

This barca side are the greatest I've seen in my lifetime so I'd like them to validate that by winning a couple more CLs in the next few years. They'll have three La Ligas in a row by the end of this season so they can't do more on the domestic front.

they may now be favourites to take this years CL crown but i bet they'll all be praying that Sunderland and their "contemporary" style dont make it through to next seasons competition.

Are people just ignoring Madrid's equally pathetic antics? They were as bad as each other man.

usually madrid are bad and i'm no fan of theirs but tonight while madrid were bad for it barca were far worse imho

Are people just ignoring Madrid's equally pathetic antics? They were as bad as each other man.

usually madrid are bad and i'm no fan of theirs but tonight while madrid were bad for it barca were far worse imho

Pedro and Busquets were arses, just like Di Maria was. Marcelo getting in a tantrum whenever a player wasn't booked, Valdes waving an imaginary card, Ramos continuing to be a prize twat... they were all twats.

Which is a shame, because they're all damn talented. Well, Ramos aside.

Serginho. :lol: the poor man's Justin Fashanu...

Both just as bad as each other. For an Alves there is a Di Maria, for a Busquets a Pepe, Pedro a CR7, not to mention Ramos, Mascherano and the rest

And only one set of cunts tried to play football.

That's it exactly. Fuck Madrid, fuck Mourinho and his ugly tactics, fuck Cronaldo and his whinging, classless fannying about...

Both just as bad as each other. For an Alves there is a Di Maria, for a Busquets a Pepe, Pedro a CR7, not to mention Ramos, Mascherano and the rest

Disagree, there is a difference. Players like Maria and Marcelo for Madrid do dive but they don't roll around the floor trying to get the opponent sent off. Example when De Maria dived against Alves, he was frustrated and held his hands up but he wasn't clutching his face like Pedro did or his knees like Alves did. Cheating nevertheless but different degrees.

Barceloa does it on purpose, their cheating is methodological and consist of two steps i) a player not only dives but exaggerates the 'injury' by holding his face (even when there is absolutely no contact) and roll around on the floor as if in terrible pain only to jump up shortly afterwards and ii) 4-5 of the other players consistently surround the ref and scream for him to take action. That's a different level of cheating that very few teams go to.

I still think that when given the chance, they play the most beautiful football around but after yesterday's unsportmanlike behaviour, my estimate of this Barcelona team dropped by quite a few notches.

Disagree, there is a difference. Players like Maria and Marcelo for Madrid do dive but they don't roll around the floor trying to get the opponent sent off. Example when De Maria dived against Alves, he was frustrated and held his hands up but he wasn't clutching his face like Pedro did or his knees like Alves did. Cheating nevertheless but different degrees.

Christ what a load of shit.

Yes, you're right.  After Madrid players dive they immediately get up and tell the ref not to give a free kick and they'll never do it again.

Di Maria showed 3 fingers to the ref when he went down, indicating how many times Alves had 'fouled' him, which got Alves booked.

Christ what a load of shit.

Yes, you're right.  After Madrid players dive they immediately get up and tell the ref not to give a free kick and they'll never do it again.

Di Maria showed 3 fingers to the ref when he went down, indicating how many times Alves had 'fouled' him, which got Alves booked.

It's fair game.

If an opponent does something which you think is worthy of a booking, of course you should be saying to the referee.

:)