Orange Mobile Contract Question

Colos Short and Curlies

Guest Geordiesned

It's normally a minimum of 12 months before they'll let you change anything and even then if you're on a longer contract they'll make you pay a fee to change.

Call and ask, tell them your circumstances. I've only tried with 3 before. I got my first bill and realised I wasn't on the tariff I originally thought I'd asked for. They said as a consequence I can't change my tariff or anything for the rest of the contract but they'd do it that one time.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to be at least halfway thru your plan, (12 months in your case) and even then, you can only downgrade it by one talkplan. E.g if youre on Panther40 you can only go to Panther35 or any other £35 tarriff.

Call and ask

:lol:

or read your contract! :lol:

sorry, struck me as the most appropriate response from wormy, i'd have called then if they told me i couldn't change anything would have started a thread asking if anyone knew how to get out of that

• 1 year later...

I was told after the first year of my contract I could down grade but thats up to me as Orange themselves wont call you to let you know.

The lass in the orange shop said after a year, ring up and you should be able to half your new deal.

What's that in reply to? :lol:

Has anybody got Orange Swapables?  Do they work anywhere or is the coverage as bad at Orange 3G?

I'm guessing you would need a 3g signal in order to get them to work so yeah they will be as bad as Orange 3g.

I'm sure I read that it doesn't use up your data allowance so thought it might use a different technology.

I recently moved to Denmark for 6 months and Orange let me suspend my contract for the duration of my stay, so I didn't pay anything but as it was stopped 6 months into the contract on my return it would start again on 6 months. My contract is 24 months so a bit annoying but didn't have to pay a penny whilst away. Phone was up and running as soon as I told them I was back. If it's just a few months you're going for then that should be fine.

Has anybody got Orange Swapables?  Do they work anywhere or is the coverage as bad at Orange 3G?

I'm guessing you would need a 3g signal in order to get them to work so yeah they will be as bad as Orange 3g.

I'm sure I read that it doesn't use up your data allowance so thought it might use a different technology.

It might not come of your data allowance but it will still need to be downloaded to your phone somehow, usually by 3g if your on the move.

I was told after the first year of my contract I could down grade but thats up to me as Orange themselves wont call you to let you know.

The lass in the orange shop said after a year, ring up and you should be able to half your new deal.

What's that in reply to? :lol:

It was meant to be the opening post but for some mental reason I never quoted Colo.

:lol:

I love the way that my 24 month contract has niece become a 27 month one as the cpw can now only upgrade a month before it ends and are rolling forward my previous contract for the early upgrade I got last time.

Yeah, you can upgrade early and when you do they add the length of the contract you have just upgraded to onto the amount of time you still have on your existing one.

I've just rang Orange just to confirm that my contract ends in December, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that it actually only has until the beginning of November, also they said it would cost something like £56 to buy out my contract. With Orange's shitty ass 3g network and the new iPhone ready to come out later this month I'm seriously considering going for it, I can't wait to get away from them. 

Guest neesy111

I love the way that my 24 month contract has niece become a 27 month one as the cpw can now only upgrade a month before it ends and are rolling forward my previous contract for the early upgrade I got last time.

Yeah, you can upgrade early and when you do they add the length of the contract you have just upgraded to onto the amount of time you still have on your existing one.

I've just rang Orange just to confirm that my contract ends in December, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that it actually only has until the beginning of November, also they said it would cost something like £56 to buy out my contract. With Orange's shitty ass 3g network and the new iPhone ready to come out later this month I'm seriously considering going for it, I can't wait to get away from them. 

All 3G network's are shite in this country currently as the delay in 4G with the rise in mobile data usage means bandwidth problems are common place nowadays.

All 3G network's are s**** in this country currently as the delay in 4G with the rise in mobile data usage means bandwidth problems are common place nowadays.

Does that mean Orange will be the best network to be with as they should be the first to roll out 4G?

All 3G network's are shite in this country currently as the delay in 4G with the rise in mobile data usage means bandwidth problems are common place nowadays.

Nah, 02 and Vodafone get signal pretty much anywhere. My family and most of my friends are with 02 and they will get a 3g signal pretty much anywhere, I am always losing my 3g signal (not my phone either), in fact I don't even get a signal in the Holystone, Moorside, and fringes of Shiremoor areas and that similar elsewhere.

Guest neesy111

All 3G network's are s**** in this country currently as the delay in 4G with the rise in mobile data usage means bandwidth problems are common place nowadays.

Does that mean Orange will be the best network to be with as they should be the first to roll out 4G?

They are now since them and T-Mobile have merged together, different places will have better 3G coverage with some networks than others, that's the issue with data services and will be until we get complete coverage which eventually happen.

Guest neesy111

Nah, 02 and Vodafone get signal pretty much anywhere. My family and most of my friends are with 02 and they will get a 3g signal pretty much anywhere, I am always losing my 3g signal (not my phone either), in fact I don't even get a signal in the Holystone, Moorside, and fringes of Shiremoor areas and that similar elsewhere.

Just because you get coverage with those network's where you live doesn't mean they are the best. :lol:

Vodafone is very reliable, O2 are shite.

Two things, Firstly Everywhere everything (Orange/T-Mobile) are creating a 3rd network for their 4g services.

Secondly they have not guaranteed to OFCOM that they will roll it out to their black spots in their current networks where as those who are going through the bidding process with OFCOM have to grantee that they will cover between 99% and 90% of the UK (The ones who win the bid for the 90% coverage have to cover the 1% the 99% bid winners don't cover) so they will then have to improve their existing infrastructure.

This is mainly to give broadband speeds to rural areas who don't have access to fibre optic broadband and in a lot of cases don't even get a phone signal never mind a 3g signal.

So in answer to your question, yes they will be the best whilst they are the only network offering 4g, however once the other networks have came into it and have completed their network upgrades then I would say Orange would be one of if not the worst one for 4g coverage.

Just because you get coverage with those network's where you live doesn't mean they are the best. :lol:

I travel around a bit as well and Orange are shit, everyone I have seen get great signals with 02 and even 3 out perform Orange in certain areas.

All I'm going by is from what I have seen, 02 seems to get a full or near full 3g signal in the areas I go too, when I went with Ste to the Olympics last week his phone dropped a signal once and that was briefly, mine was forever dropping a signal.

Had failure to get data reception in some ridiculous locations on Vodafone, the centre of fucking Newcastle being one (and no, I don't mean at the match :laugh:). Also York, Doncaster and so on. Normally right when I really need it.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that they're all as bad as each other.

Guest neesy111

Had failure to get data reception in some ridiculous locations on Vodafone, the centre of fucking Newcastle being one (and no, I don't mean at the match :laugh:). Also York, Doncaster and so on. Normally right when I really need it.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that they're all as bad as each other.

:thup:

I'm having nightmare at work getting a decent contract from them all regarding data only plans, amazingly Virgin Mobile is looking best option who run on the T-mobile network as a VMO.