Should a good cup run be a priority next season?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

I'd take a trophy over league safety any day, especially when we haven't won a domestic trophy in 56 years.

I'd take a trophy over league safety any day, especially when we haven't won a domestic trophy in 56 years.

i've been waiting longer and it means little bar a nice day out. cup wins don't mean you're a good team.

Guest neesy111

i've been waiting longer and it means little bar a nice day out. cup wins don't mean you're a good team.

Nah, just the fact it's what the record books say.  Anycase your a complete utter tool with your comments tonight, so I take your comments with 0% thought.

Nah, just the fact it's what the record books say.  Anycase your a complete utter tool with your comments tonight, so I take your comments with 0% thought.

diddumz.

I gave up hoping we'd win a cup many year ago :(

There's truth in this. Quite sadly I find the thought of us actually winning something vaguely ridiculous.

This, if we won the League Cup these days my room and me would look something like this I reckon...

http://files.sharenator.com/RandyMarshJizz_New_Skyrim_Trailer-s635x477-140227.jpg

Safety should be priority, but if a cup run happens bonus. Oh and just about people mentioning why Stoke can mount cup runs but we shouldn't be focusing on that, it's because their an established premier league team, at the moment we're a championship side fighting to stay up. Next season is all about maintaining that, before pushing on.

Guest BooBoo

This year's league cup draws just showed that there may be something in the old wive's tales that we're cursed never to win another trophy.

Drawn away to the league champions and upset the odds by winning a cup thriller 4-3. Our reward? Not a cushy tie at home to a flyweight, oh no. Home against another Champions League team and it just so happened that they'd decided to take it seriously this year.

Absolute piss take. What were the odds of drawing two of the top four sides in the country in the first two rounds?

I'd rather win something than be seen as a 'good team' tbh. You have the attitude of a loser.

I'd rather win something than be seen as a 'good team' tbh. You have the attitude of a loser.

wrong, i'd rather win the league. the best teams win the league, winning cups is nicew but means nowt as poor teams can win them. if it wasn't for non-league teams getting their chance against the bigger teams i'd get rid of cup competitions.

Guest BooBoo

Shame the bet wouldn't have won, since we drew Accrington first :pow:

Shit, I had completely forgotten about that game.

This has been a very long season, despite the fact that we've had two fairly brief cup campaigns. You could write a book on what's gone on since we went to Old Trafford last August.

wrong, i'd rather win the league. the best teams win the league, winning cups is nicew but means nowt as poor teams can win them. if it wasn't for non-league teams getting their chance against the bigger teams i'd get rid of cup competitions.

Ridiculous comments. Think you're on the wind up.

If we're fighting against survival again next season it'll have represented an astronomical failure on the club's part.

It'll mean that:

A. Sacking Hughton was a pointless decision

B. Employing Pardew was a dreadful move

C. The Carroll money has gone to nothing decent.

A cup-run shouldn't be a priority as such. The main priority is bettering what we've done this year, considering the excellent foundations that are currently in place (good first team, money to spend). However, given that relegation should be a million miles away, it's about time we had a go at the cups. Especially considering that the last couple years have demonstrated that they're not a banker for the 'top four' teams.

If a bunch of professional footballers can't be fit enough to play an extra 6-10 games per season then there's something wrong with them. We aren't in Europe so those extra games can't be another excuse to not "try" so to speak in the domestic cups, so just go all out and try to win something.

I'd rather finish 14th-17th and go to Wembley than finish 9th-13th and go out in the earlier stages of a cup.