Should a good cup run be a priority next season?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yes a good cup run should be one of the main priorities next season,  hopefully we will invest money into the squad in the summer which will enable us to have a squad strong enough to fight on all fronts and be able to take the Carling cup seriously which will be the next stage of the teams development.

Theres a good chance that Birmingham and Stoke will be the cup winners this year.....why shouldn't we have a piece of that? Neither are going down and it'll only add 5 or 6 games. These are professional athletes, they can take it.

Theres a good chance that Birmingham and Stoke will be the cup winners this year.....why shouldn't we have a piece of that? Neither are going down and it'll only add 5 or 6 games. These are professional athletes, they can take it.

Even if we did go down (which we wouldn't), it wouldn't take 42 years to get back up again, and all we're gonna do is finish in the bottom half for the foreseeable anyway.

Don't there's such a thing anymore as 'established Premier League club'. Take out the top 7 plus Villa, and I think every other club could drop if they have a poor transfer window or bad run. Stoke and Bolton look good this year but next year they could be bottom 5 and it wouldn't really be a surprise. Take each season as it comes and if there's a chance of a good Cup run, take it!

If I was Chairman and the Manager said to me that he was aiming for survival next season, I'd sack him there and then.

I would suggest it's more the other way around tbh.

I think immediate aim is top half, but if we slip to mid-table, depending on circumstances, It'd be acceptable. But I still maintain that no one goes out with the aim of going far in a Cup. Obviously some purposely field weakened teams, but the rest it's a matter of juggling. And obviously mistakes will be made in said juggling. Just a matter of who gets through the first few rounds, then of course everyone's gunning for it with a bit of confidence under their belt.