Madrid y Barcelona

Disco

Anyone been? Places to recommend? Pickpockets to avoid? Shops to puchase chorizo from? I'd love to here your experiences prior to my trip to both next weekend/week.

:lol: I reckon you could pass for a local like. There's definitely been a bit of Hispanic cock dipped into the Hoon bloodline like.

Watch out for the wee moroccan pickpockets in barca, they are very good at what they do. I like the Gracia area of Barcelona best, great to walk about and mingle there at night, great wee bars everywhere and the street squares usually have people playing acoustics and having a few spliffs. Good banter. There's all the Gaudi stuff to see, Sagrada Famillia, Park Guell etc, if you go to the Sagrada Famillia then drop into the Michael Collins bar round the corner, good mix of people there and they will tell you what is happening and where.

Stayed in a hostel in the Opera area of Madrid. Was nice. Not far from the royal palace and a tasty Argentinian meat sandwich shop. Mmmmmeat.

And a burger king.

Will keep my eyes peeled. According to Google I'm staying 260m away from Opera metro stop.

Las Ramblas, the beach at the bottomish of the street, The Harbour, Olympic stadium, Camp Nou, Picasso Museum (maybe outside of the city?), think there are some nice gardens near the harbour. That's all I can remember from 5 years ago or something

There's shitloads in a small space I know that. Amazing place.

Never went here.. but it looks amazing!

Only saw the fountain daytime when me and the ex popped there from Salou. She was too fucking lazy to go to the fountains on the night. I still maintain it's because that trip included a trip to Camp Nou, which she wouldn't do on even on my fucking birthday  :tickedoff:

Only saw the fountain daytime when me and the ex popped there from Salou. She was too fucking lazy to go to the fountains on the night. I still maintain it's because that trip included a trip to Camp Nou, which she wouldn't do on even on my fucking birthday  :tickedoff:

Should have punched the bitch in the face.

Park Guell is a class way to spend a few hours. Picasso museum was pretty decent. Best bet in the evening is bar hopping around a few squares just off La Ramblas, couple of tapas and a beer in each, slowly get drunk and full throughout the evening, chilled as anything.

Only saw the fountain daytime when me and the ex popped there from Salou. She was too f***ing lazy to go to the fountains on the night. I still maintain it's because that trip included a trip to Camp Nou, which she wouldn't do on even on my f***ing birthday  :tickedoff:

I got Luis Enrique's autograph there and a picture of me holding the European Cup in me toon shirt. Rivaldo wouldn't stop.

We split up not long after we got back to England. That's good enough :lol:

We split up not long after we got back to England. That's good enough :lol:

You rewarded her for this behaviour?

• 2 weeks later...

Madrid has some good spots

Walk up the hill from the Prado about 800m and the park is really nice and quiet

early evening in the old market just west of the Plaza Major they do fantastic Jamon - you point and they cut slices to order

wander the area around Velazquez Metro - the biggest exclusive shopping area I've ever seen

the lobby of the (Westin) Palace opposite the Prado

Wander sw from the Plaza Major - some amazing streets and alleyways