Russia

Mowen

Anyone been? Looking to head there for 2.5 weeks this summer, can't wait. Anywhere I should try to make a point of visiting within striking range of the big two (and stuff I need to do in Moscow & St. Pete's)? Karelia looks class, wouldn't mind nipping out and seeing a bit of provincial russia too, read about the 'golden ring' trip, sounds interesting.

Any additional culture I need to sample before I head out too? Read a couple of the classics (Anna K, Crime&Punishment, couple of Chekov plays) and loved studying from the Revolution onwards in history, would like to get more involved. Can't wait to go and experience the country itself.

Quite a few of my friends went on a school trip in Year 13, all said it was brilliant. I also really enjoyed studying it in history lessons, the only downside being that there was fuck all detail from anywhere at all about the Provisional Government of 1917.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Two decent books to read that are both Football and Russia related: 'Football Dynamo: Modern Russia and the People’s Game' & 'Behind the Curtain: Travels in Eastern European Football'.

Anyone been? Looking to head there for 2.5 weeks this summer, can't wait. Anywhere I should try to make a point of visiting within striking range of the big two (and stuff I need to do in Moscow & St. Pete's)? Karelia looks class, wouldn't mind nipping out and seeing a bit of provincial russia too, read about the 'golden ring' trip, sounds interesting.

Any additional culture I need to sample before I head out too? Read a couple of the classics (Anna K, Crime&Punishment, couple of Chekov plays) and loved studying from the Revolution onwards in history, would like to get more involved. Can't wait to go and experience the country itself.

Moskow is fukin dangerous.

Don't go clubbin or nuffink.

Stay in.

Stay in.

Don't be mental, I'm street as fuck.

Stay in.

Don't be mental, I'm street as fuck.

:aww:

Stay in.

How much is visa? Really fancy it myself, but missus is dead against it.

Doesn't look that bad, about £50 pp by the looks of this http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/Tourist_visafees.html

Along with the visa fees, there is a service charge applicable per visa application

Normal applications (7 calendar days): £26.40 (inclusive of VAT)

Urgent applications (next working day service): £33.60 (inclusive of VAT)

Think you need to pay to get an invitation too which you need. Might be wrong like. Worth it in the long run though.

Doesn't look that bad, about £50 pp by the looks of this http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/Tourist_visafees.html

Along with the visa fees, there is a service charge applicable per visa application

Think you need to pay to get an invitation too which you need.

2 of us would be going so £65/2 + £26. More like £60 I guess, paid the best part of that for 'Nam last year. Not too bad if we're there for 2 and a bit weeks, would be a ballache for a weekend though. Can't find any mention of the invitation but I wouldn't be surprised, they're corrupt as fuck there :lol:

Think you need to pay to get an invitation too which you need.

2 of us would be going so £65/2 + £26. More like £60 I guess, paid the best part of that for 'Nam last year. Not too bad if we're there for 2 and a bit weeks, would be a ballache for a weekend though. Can't find any mention of the invitation but I wouldn't be surprised, they're corrupt as fuck there :lol:

Aye them commies love an unnecessary charge to the foreigner like.

Moscow is class but expensive

You won't get into trouble if you stay clear of places you wouldn't go at home

need to be able to READ Cyrillic letters - a lot of Russian words are loan words and you can get about

great public transport system in cities