Newcastle United 0 - 0 Manchester Utd - 19/04/11 - post match reaction from p33

Dave

was in early last night for the 2nd game in a row and noticed a few things, the pre game warm up where tiote puts it wide to barton or simpson on the right and Enrique on the left for a cross into the strikers, wonder why both times ive seen this Jonas does not get involved on the left as Barton does on the right?

And the most cringeworthy thing ive ever seen, linesman comes out for 2nd half checks the nets are attached then when thats complete the guy kisses the ring on his hand on his way back to the sideline, what the f***!!

many players do it as a superstition in the hope of a good performance, don't see why an official shouldn't be superstitious also.

yes ive seen players do it when they score a goal, but doing after a successful net check seemed a little OTT

I would have thought it would have more to do with hoping he puts in a good performance in the second half than celebrating checking the net. Players often do stuff like this when coming on to the pitch.

it was a lovely net check mind il give him that, oh well maybe its just me that thinks it was ott, il no doubt see and have to accept mcdonalds workers doing the same before long.

Guest toonlass

That Posnan thing, taking the p*ss out of them for losing to Man City.

It was one of the funniest things I've seen at a football match.

We were all singing "du du du du Yaya Toure" at the same time. Manchester United fans didn't seem amused at all.

That Posnan thing, taking the p*ss out of them for losing to Man City.

It was one of the funniest things I've seen at a football match.

and thats coming from someone who watched ray clarke.

No idea why Ferguson took Nani off. Him versus Simpson all night would have probably resulted in them winning

Indeed.

I was sure that either Simpson or Wilo would have been at fault.  SAF screwed up big style.  In fact, anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how we play would have started Nani on the left from the start.

Jose (enrique) :smug:

No idea why Ferguson took Nani off. Him versus Simpson all night would have probably resulted in them winning

Indeed.

I was sure that either Simpson or Wilo would have been at fault.  SAF screwed up big style.  In fact, anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how we play would have started Nani on the left from the start.

Jose (enrique) :smug:

Good points, I was delighted when I saw that he'd opted for Giggs left and Nani right instead of Nani left and Valencia right. For all Giggs' craft there was never realy anyone to hit in the box all night, Nani cutting inside all night would have damaged us for sure though.

I thought Nani was having just about his worst game all season.

All down to Jose.  Well, credit to the likes of Guthrie, Jonas, Tiote and Colo too.  He had nowhere to dive.

Well aye, I was agreeing with you. We did a number on him really.