Super Injunctions

Rob W

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought it was interesting reading someone's point of view, that was basically: The people involved, and their families, will already know what's happened. The rest of us just want the gossip, or maybe, make money off it.

I don't believe in newspapers being able to make money off the back of sensationalism or the private pain of individuals, but I'm also wary of the courts restricting freedom of speech.

I wish people would just stop reading the stuff and do something worthwhile.

I don't believe in newspapers being able to make money off the back of sensationalism or the private pain of individuals, but I'm also wary of the courts restricting freedom of speech.

I wish people would just stop reading the stuff and do something worthwhile.

perfectly put except i'd have put it in a much more rambling manner.

Guest guinness_fiend

If it curtails this nation's pathetic obsession with celebrity and increasingly forces the press to focus on proper news, as opposed to detailing the private lives of people who, like it or not, are entitled to have a semblance of privacy outside of their chosen profession, then I'm all for them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://maxfarquar.com/2011/04/helen-wood-british-actor-super-injunction/

The actor’s name was replaced in court by the initials NEJ, which is probably meaningless, but other clues to his identity are that he is married, has a child, uses Twitter regularly, is Scottish, has appeared in a Star Wars movie, paid £195 for a shag and kisses like a virgin.

:lol:

http://britishnationalist.blogspot.com/2011/04/helen-wood-imogen-thomas-super.html

Look at the photos.  :lol:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3PCnKmoX_gw/TbA5MbxC8vI/AAAAAAAAASY/OGlAWOVcqxA/s320/temp.jpg

According to the interweb it is AS, RG, GL and HB.  First three relatively famous, fourth I've heard of but....

Are these all footballers?

Two footballers, one famous(ish) person from tv (who may have a link to one of the others) and one actor.  Allegedly.

Am I imagining this thing about a Newcastle player being involved? :lol:

Sure they had 4 footballer silhouettes in the paper on Sunday, one of them with our kit on.

Well its just what I've heard.  Then again its on the internet so it could be made up entirely.  If its correct however then it doesn't involve any current Newcastle players.

You cant blame people for wanting their personal matters to be private, but if they become 'celebrities' so to speak, dont they give up some of their right to a private life?

Edit: I couldnt care less about the stories btw.

Maybe that argument could be applied to the braindead mongs who go on Big Brother and the like purely to be known for absolutely nothing, but not professional sportsmen and so on.