SSN: Scott Parker gets Football Writers' Player of the Year

Interpolic

I'll reiterate, we underrate Parker a lot due to our experience with him.

Granted, he's definitely not the best player in the Premiership. Just a pretty good player who's worth is being well overinflated because he's probably the best-performing English midfielder in the league.

People in here need to take the blinkers off, parker has been phenomenal this season, without doubt among the best 3 players and its a well deserved award as far as I'm concerned.

When's the last time a Player of the Year Award was given to a player from the nineteenth place team anywhere?

Well in England, I'm sure it's never happened, or anything resembling it.

I feel a bit disappointed, because while Parker has shown a lot of committment and energy, I'd see him as quite a limited player.

Incidentally, neither Bryan Robson nor Paul Scholes ever won either award. An unexpectedly eye-catching season is just as likely to get you a gong as consistent excellence.

He hasn't single handedly kept them up they're 19th man. :lol:

He's an average hardworking midfielder no more, no less.

Yep, only looks good when all around him are utterly shit, was the same when he was here.

So is this more or less ridiculous than Bale winning the player's award?

My vote is MORE ridiculous - we know footballers are idiots and according to Collymore their votes are a laugh. Whereas journalists are expected to have a certain level of intelligence to enter their profession and they STILL don't have the ability to see that in no way, shape or form should Parker win anything other than "Best of a Bad Bunch" at the Hammers end-of-season/relegation wake...

They may as well do this to the title

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2jiqyFb-nr8/S91CfWLAnXI/AAAAAAAAAcI/uk6oxbkCLOM/s1600/WomensBelt.JPG

What an utter, utter, absurd joke. Once again. At least this'll comfort him as his GETS RELEGATED!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't think its half as bad as some people are reacting on here. Sure the SKY Love In can get really sickly, but who should have won?

EDIT:

SSN say Bale was second in a close poll.