SSN: Scott Parker gets Football Writers' Player of the Year

Interpolic

This thread seems like an elaborate, cruel joke. Yes, Parker is quite good and he's had an above average season, but to even mention him amongst the best players this season is absurd. He's OK though. Maybe being contrare is 'cool' these days. Theres been no outstanding team and no outstanding player this season, but thats no excuse. Nani, Tevez, Vidic and Nasri have been the best.

Guest neesy111

Watch Parker for 2 seasons as NUFC fans did then you'll see he is just a Gareth Barry is disguise horribly limited footballer who looks good because he gives IT ALL.

Nicky Butt was better than him when they played alongside each other, says it all really.

Guest neesy111

I'll admit I haven't seen much of Parker this season but in the two games against us he was woeful.  The other times I've watched West Ham that Demba Ba stood out more.

Your in the real world.

Scott Parker the placebo of the footballers. Completely ineffective but fools many. Lots of running about, mostly in circles, lots of throwing your body in front if the ball are all well and good but they do not deserve the accollade of the Football Writers Award.

Watch Parker for 2 seasons as NUFC fans did then you'll see he is just a Gareth Barry is disguise horribly limited footballer who looks good because he gives IT ALL.

Nicky Butt was better than him when they played alongside each other, says it all really.

I wouldn't say parker was 'limited' like, he's an all rounder, good at many things but not spectaular at anything exept the fact he's got a good engine. (unless thats what you meant by limited like, in which case I just have a differant meaning for the word). He's a much better footballer than Gareth Barry man.

By his standards, Parker has had a decent season for West Ham but he's definitely not the player of the year. I reckon that ever since the England game, his ability/competence has been over-exaggerated.

On the plus side idiot teams with cash to burn (like Spuds) will be pre-occupied on Parker during the pre-season while players like Tiote go under the radar. WHU with £10m to spend, can see workaholic Alan Smith fitting the bill for a replacement as well when they start the new season in the Championship.

Right, well that's all my optimism used up for the rest of the season...can't wait till we get hammered off Blackpool.

Guest guinness_fiend

This whole saga makes me wonder what could have been.  If Tiote had a fraction of the influence on a game that Parker has been having, we could have easily won another trophy next season...

...no need for a punchline, they love bubbles in the Championship.

Guest VegasToon

First Bale , now Parker...Seriously what the fuck?  The player of the year plays for the 19th place team?  :harry:

Guest Heneage

Don't all teams down the bottom have that one 'stand out' player. The one that is always linked with a move and seen as the talisman to their brave relegation fight. N'zogbia, Adam, Parker all players that in any team higher up would just be another cogg in a good machine but because they are surrounded by let downs bit like the way Cheryl Cole looks better next to her jailed brother.

Parker gets way too much stick on here - I thought he was good player for us and is a good player in general, not sure why he seems to be hated by many

He has had a very good season, though there certainly have been better performers than him

The funny thing about nominations/wins like this is that people bitch all season about awards like these going to players that aren't the usual suspects, but that when they do, there is a bitchfest about it and how they don't deserve it because they aren't players on the best team or whatever.

I don't think anybody moaned about them going to the 'usual suspects'. For me I'd just like to see it go to somebody who has been remotely close to the best player in the league, which is why I have a problem with this award, the Bale one and the fact that Giggs got it 2 years ago.

The funny thing about nominations/wins like this is that people bitch all season about awards like these going to players that aren't the usual suspects, but that when they do, there is a bitchfest about it and how they don't deserve it because they aren't players on the best team or whatever.

but if its not the same people your point doesnt mean shit

Guest neesy111

Parker was probably our best player in the season in which we finished 7th and got into Europe.

Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Utter trash, Charlie N was along with Nobby and our best form that season came when parker was injured.

Parker was probably our best player in the season in which we finished 7th and got into Europe.

Utter trash, Charlie N was along with Nobby and our best form that season came when parker was injured.

Serious question btw - but are you intoxicated?

As you're coming across in quite an aggressive manor with your posting style this evening. You can make your point without resorting to petty insults, you know.

Nimrod.  :fishing:

Guest neesy111

Serious question btw - but are you intoxicated?

As you're coming across in quite an aggressive manor with your posting style this evening. You can make your point without resorting to petty insults, you know.

Nimrod.  :fishing:

Utter trash is threatening ???