Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Neuer as keeper, Dani Alves and Marcelo as full backs. Centre halves are really difficult as a lot of really good centre halves are made to look better or worse because of the other centre half with them or the way the team is set up

:thup:

See this is what I mean. I'm talking about the best back 4 plus keeper you could assemble, all things considered. I'd love to go for Ramos at CB but mainly for his goals at corners, bringing the ball out of defence I'd perhaps go for Luiz but they've both got fundamental flaws as CBs. It's difficult.

I'd say Bonucci is better than Luiz at bringing the ball out from the back but he's had a nightmare this season.

A couple of years ago I'd have put Boateng in there but injuries have knacked him a bit.

What happened to the 6 second rule for goalkeepers with the ball?  Is it even a rule anymore?

Adrian just collected it and had hold of it for 16 seconds and it felt like a pretty normal (now) length of time he had it, even though he's clearly time wasting already

What happened to the 6 second rule for goalkeepers with the ball?  Is it even a rule anymore?

Adrian just collected it and had hold of it for 16 seconds and it felt like a pretty normal (now) length of time he had it, even though he's clearly time wasting already

Still in force just never enforced.

It's abused way too much. Most keepers take the absolute piss when their team is in the lead, but then why not, given that it's never really enforced.

There should be some leeway, sure, for keepers when they are crowded. But you often see keepers hold on for 15-20 seconds.

Guest neesy111

It's abused way too much. Most keepers take the absolute piss when their team is in the lead, but then why not, given that it's never really enforced.

There should be some leeway, sure, for keepers when they are crowded. But you often see keepers hold on for 15-20 seconds.

Whole time wasting in football is grinding my gears tbh.  Most games are seeing less than 60 minutes of action nowadays.

It was changed wasn’t it, to the referee’s discrection around a ‘reasonable time to hold onto the ball’?

No.

http://theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct/chapters/indirect-free-kick

No idea where I heard that from, I thought it was said on here when I asked the same question a while ago.

Maybe I made the whole thing up, no idea now :lol:

Can match day programmes only be bought in the city on match day or can you order them online ?

You used to be able to get a subscription and have them delivered for the season but not sure if you can do that anymore.

Just hit me that it would be interesting to watch a game where you're allowed to punch the ball. Obviously part of the game would be very different, but it would remove all the contentious penalty decisions.

Anyone else interested in seeing a game like that or believe it could possibly be better than the game we've got now?

Just hit me that it would be interesting to watch a game where you're allowed to punch the ball. Obviously part of the game would be very different, but it would remove all the contentious penalty decisions.

Anyone else interested in seeing a game like that or believe it could possibly be better than the game we've got now?

Go watch some Gaelic football.

Just punch it like or can you hold it? Its basically gaelic football if you want to see one where they can hold it

Guest firetotheworks

What is a 6 pointer? Never understand the term

A match where you can simultaneously gain 3 points but also stop a rival from gaining 3 points by beating them.