Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Is Jack Grealish actually as good as he is rated as. Seen him a few times this season and never seen anything particularly special.

What I see is a half decent midfielder playing with poorer players

Is Jack Grealish actually as good as he is rated as. Seen him a few times this season and never seen anything particularly special.

I'm in the same camp here.

He does have the flair and composure of a better player but I'm rarely wow'd by anything he does, other than his ability to win freekicks at a canter.

Just would like to ask. Is it a mandatory rule that the goal nets have to use the current rectangular shape with the extension poles behind it? I used to like the goalposts and net combos that were triangular in shape. The last time most stadiums used those kinds were before Euro 96. After the rectangular one were used in that tournament, most stadia stadia switched to that, St James' Park too.

Is there a rule that the current one must be used?

I'm in the same camp here.

He does have the flair and composure of a better player but I'm rarely wow'd by anything he does, other than his ability to win freekicks at a canter.

I think he gets too hung up on this most fouled player thing and plays for it too often to the detriment of his game. He's much more effective when he's trying to move the ball on quickly then get himself forward between the lines showing for a return pass.

When I played in goal I would yell "KEEPER'S!!!" rather than "MINE!" as that way you knew it was me (the keeper) claiming the ball and not one of the defence.

I apologise for being late to the party with my pointless anecdote  :D

When I played in goal I would yell "KEEPER'S!!!" rather than "MINE!" as that way you knew it was me (the keeper) claiming the ball and not one of the defence.

I apologise for being late to the party with my pointless anecdote  :D

Our coach used to make us do pressups if we shouted mine :D

I used to shout "AWAY" if I wasn't coming for a ball/cross.

Got onto Daniele De Rossi’s wiki page and realized he never won the league with Roma.

Who are the best players to have never won a major league title?

Think the Sky Website did an article of the top 50 never to win a league a few weeks back

Got onto Daniele De Rossi’s wiki page and realized he never won the league with Roma.

Pele

:lol: I guess we should probably define what constitutes a “major” league. I’d consider the Brazilian Serie A, especially at the time he played, a top league. And he won it 6 times.

Must’ve won it the season before he started playing n all which is a tad unlucky.

Up to the top of non-league IIRC, Bromley have one in National League. It's lush.

Harrogate Town's is artificial and it's lush also.

Might be getting ripped out this summer :lol:

Lol I was watching them last night, it's why I asked.

Up to the top of non-league IIRC, Bromley have one in National League. It's lush.

Harrogate Town's is artificial and it's lush also.

Might be getting ripped out this summer :lol:

Lol I was watching them last night, it's why I asked.

The pitch before was diabolical. It all ran down into a corner and it was a long ball magnet. When it rained a little swimming pool formed

I think it's crazy how they could play on that pitch in the top flight it Scotland. But they'll need to rip it up if they make it to div 4 in England.

When I was a kid Luton and QPR both had artifical turf, while competing in the top flight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...